By Ean | December 1, 2011
Now that the Triple Album Project has hit the halfway point, it’s time for Ginger to take a break.
Of course, since Ginger doesn’t really do ‘time off’, and given that a change is as good as a rest, he’s heading out on tour instead for a thirteen night Rock’n’Roll Christmas party.
Starting in Swansea tonight, Ginger and Friends take in the Hard Rock Hell festival tomorrow before a flying visit to Finland. The band then hits a UK venue near you in the build-up to a two night stay in London for the long sold out Islington Birthday show on December 17th, and a final blow out at the Relentless Garage the night after.
The friends joining Ginger this time around are ‘Random’ Jon Poole, Rich Jones and Denzil for the Hard Rock Hell and Helsinki shows. And meeting them at the airport when they get back will be Chris Catalyst and Victoria Liedtke who will join them for the rest of the tour.
The boys (and girl!) will be performing a fully electrified set, and will be playing a variety of material including many rarely played Wildhearts songs – plus a healthy serving of tracks from Ginger’s solo releases.
- Thu 01st Dec – Swansea, Sin City (Tickets)
- Fri 02nd Dec – Hard Rock Hell (Tickets)
- Sat 03rd Dec – Helsinki, On The Rocks (Tickets)
- Wed 07th Dec – Manchester, Moho Live (Tickets)
- Thu 08th Dec – Glasgow, Garage (Tickets)
- Fri 09th Dec – Newcastle, Academy (Tickets)
- Sat 10th Dec – Leeds, Cockpit (Tickets)
- Sun 11th Dec – Southampton, Talking Heads (Tickets)
- Mon 12th Dec – Norwich, Waterfront (Tickets)
- Tue 13th Dec – Bristol, Fleece (Tickets)
- Thu 15th Dec – Wolverhampton, Wulfrun (Tickets)
- Sat 17th Dec – London, Islington Academy (Birthday Show) SOLD OUT
- Sun 18th Dec – London, Relentless Garage (Tickets)
Support on all dates is Hawkeyes and Exit_International, except Swansea (supported by Exit_International only) and Helsinki (supported by Stalingrad Cowgirls). Note there will be no support acts at the birthday gig to allow more time for Ginger.
Tickets for the UK shows (excluding Hard Rock Hell) are priced £12.50 (£15 in London).