« | Home | »

Wine Inspired Musings

By Ginger | September 17, 2009

So that last rehearsal is done, we’ve eaten the best Indian food that Bradford has to offer (Saffron, check it out) and now we’re waiting for the bus to turn up and take us onto the Wildhearts tour that I’m more excited about than any in a very long time.

The difference?

We are playing songs that feature backing tracks and de-tuned guitars, the sound I’ve wanted for the band for so long.

It really feel like we are bringing something new to the show with this set, we really feel like we are doing something that excites us after all these years.

There is little point in a band like us staying still after almost 20 years. We must do something that we haven’t tried before otherwise we’ll turn into a bunch of trees. Big, bored trees. In a tired old punk-o-metal forest. Or something.

Seriously, hearing the band so hopped up on volume, harmonies and riffs is a thrill that I can’t wait for you lot to experience.

This feels new. It feels fresh.

Yeah, I know, people have used samples and loops before, but the point is that we haven’t.

There aren’t many things that can stimulate after doing it this long, and we are stimulated. Mighty stimulated.

This is a sound that I feel thoroughly buzzed about. Something that we will feature for the rest of our career, if I have anything to do with it.

Fizzy pop punk is dead for The Wildhearts, we are going to take this somewhere unknown. Who on earth knows where that is, but it’s going to be an amazing ride.

The story is far from over.

Fuck, I feel like I’m in a new band now.

And as awesome as we think this album is we cannot wait to record the next one. Who knows what crazy shit that album will throw up?

As always expect the unexpected.

Man, sometimes it’s great to be in a band!

Gx

14 Responses to “Wine Inspired Musings”

1. Wez Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 12:18

to be honest ths tour sounds the business. as for where you say the band is heading? it sounds very interesting and look forward to seeing and hearing what happens 🙂

Good Luck for the tour!!!!!!

2. Kris Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 12:25

Being in a band is fucking great, i’ve just rediscovered that this week after a gig in front of 2000 people screaming and singing along to my up and rising french band “Jordy and the dixies” which really gave me the adrenaline charge I needed after 6 months of doing fuck all apart from arguments with band members and shit like that and yearning to have a “normal job”. The Wildhearts will be around forever, long after all these wankers in popular bands who think they are rock stars will be long gone. No one can touch you lot. Have a brillant tour. Kris.

3. Melx Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 12:40

Can’t wait…..while I’m here can I thank you for playing places like Brighton, Portsmouth, Bristol, and Exeter….with many bands London is the furthest south they are prepared to go and for a lot of us down south London is still a long way to travel (especially from the south west)…. so cheers and please continue to play places other than London in the south!

good stuff, see you tonight!

Mel

4. geordierussell Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 13:37

**taps mike** is this thing on?
    1,2….1,2.

Seriously excited about this tour.

Testing, testing, 1,2…1,2.

5. Gallifrey Seven Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 13:55

“Fizzy pop punk is dead for The Wildhearts, we are going to take this somewhere unknown. Who on earth knows where that is, but it’s going to be an amazing ride.”

Fuck yeah!!! In the 16-17 years I’ve been a fan, it has NEVER been about the “sound” – I mean, Endless Nameless is one of my all-time favourite albums – it has always…ALWAYS…been about the songwriting and the fact you have been here throughout my life journey. You guys are the soundtrack to my life.

Chutzpah! is you guys branching out, using proper production (not that you didn’t do a great job G!) and challenging yourselves as a creative mob – the songwriting quality will ALWAYS be there. So will the elements that make you, well…you.

I know I’m speaking for the vast majority of the fans when I say GO FOR IT! Show us what you got! Go where the creative wind blows and I guarantee you’ll find us stood there saying “it’s fucking pretty up here innit?”

Fuck it – I’ll take substance over style any time!

6. Iggy35 Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 13:55

Chutzpah! is officially my favourite Wildhearts album so far…not a single skippable song in there!!

7. Gallifrey Seven Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 14:08

PS – right now, you are the most beautiful man alive. You know that?

8. Kez Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 16:00

Saffron – hell yeah know it well.

Why Bradford, of all places though????

9. SJ Wildheart Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 16:17

Have a great time lads.

Can’t wait to hear the new shit live and loud in Leeds.

10. Gordon Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 17:45

I can’t believe Jimmy Anderson just bowled another full toss. Mind you he’s picked up a few wickets today so it’s not all bad.

11. nadj Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 19:05

There was once a time about 10 years ago I realised I could only be inspired to make music of my own by bands that sound like 2 guitars, 1 bass and a drummer. Mainly because that formula was the only one I could recreate for myself.

Now anybody can get hold of samplers and loops on computer, and I now only feel inspired by bands that push the possibilities or sonic creation. If what is possible creatively is increasing, then you are doing yourselves and all of us a huge injustice by not experimenting and trying new things. Even if you only find a niche audience, like Endless Nameless. There’s always a next time for people who don’t get it.

Keep it changing – there seems to be a history of bands dying of boredom once they’ve decided they’ve found their sound.

There is still something very beautiful about the raw sound of an under-produced guitar band though.

12. nadj Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 19:11

…anyway, you know us! We’re Wildhearts fans – all we ever ask from you is volume, harmonies and riffs!

13. nadj Says:
    September 17th, 2009 at 19:45

…and anyway, what’s the point of being an independant band if you feel stuck churning out something you’re not excited about?!

I’m gonna shut up now! It’s the Guinness – makes me gobby.

14. Fantastic Mr Foxton Says:
    September 18th, 2009 at 07:49

CFW!!!!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.