ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Nojahoda » 18th Aug 10, 09:14

1. Pendulum (i.e. Rob Swire's band) - Yay or Nay?
2. Which Death Race film is better, the one with David Carradine or the one with Jason Statham?
Nojahoda

Postby Ginger » 18th Aug 10, 10:32

<< by Nojahoda » 18th Aug 10, 09:14

1. Pendulum (i.e. Rob Swire's band) - Yay or Nay?
2. Which Death Race film is better, the one with David Carradine or the one with Jason Statham?>>

I LOVE the In Silico album by Pendulum, reminds me of great, messy times with Rich. I guess that kind of music can only evolve so much, but I really love good, well done, agressive drum n bass.
Which Death Race is better?!?!?!? Surely this is a trick question?

<< by Col » 16th Aug 10, 18:45

The record company/Dandys side of it made me wanna wretch. Courtney Taylor himself said 99% fail in the sense of "making it"(record sales) but the record company keep plugging for the 1%. Their album bombed until vodafone picked up on the bohemiam track then suddenly they the dogs bollox again - is this typical of music industry?>>

Sadly this is a common theme in the music industry. The saddest part is that people still call this success. I can't see what's so successful about landing a break from an ad/movie/game only to be filed away in relegation as soon as the hype cools down. Surely success, for a musician, is the ability to make music for your entire life?
Ginger

Postby benwalton » 18th Aug 10, 13:42

Soundgarden getting back together - do you give a shit?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 18th Aug 10, 13:51

just been listening to "it's all up to me" - first of all, easily one of your most underrated songs, definitely my favourite from "must be destroyed." did stidi use a double-bass pedal for the chorus or does that guy have some manner of bionic foot?!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Ginger » 18th Aug 10, 14:31

<< by spoon_of_grimbo » 18th Aug 10, 13:51

just been listening to "it's all up to me" - first of all, easily one of your most underrated songs, definitely my favourite from "must be destroyed." did stidi use a double-bass pedal for the chorus or does that guy have some manner of bionic foot?!>>

We actually played the bass drum part separately (after recording the drum track using half time hits) with Stidi playing double foot action on one pedal. We then sampled the best 4 bar passage and flew it into the song.

<< by benwalton » 18th Aug 10, 13:42

Soundgarden getting back together - do you give a shit?>>

I'm afraid I absolutely don't.
Ginger

Postby WiredOut » 19th Aug 10, 10:04

Hi. Something that occurred to me lately is that I've rarely, if ever, heard you discuss The Stooges (I think anyway!). Just wondering what you make of them in general, and the Raw Power album in particular. Just cos I think the '97 Iggy remix of that album is one of the most fantastically overdriven skull-flaying rock'n'roll assault machines ever constructed by man or drug.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Col » 19th Aug 10, 19:38

What's the score with the Chris McCormack project?
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby floyd » 19th Aug 10, 20:48

Hi Ginger,was just listening to 'Johnny Wash'n'Go', where did the phone call at the beginning come from? Just a sample, or a story behind it? A good volley of abusive language always sounds great with a scottish accent!
I wanna know why there's no white dog shit anymore
floyd

Re:

Postby piesJoy » 20th Aug 10, 14:59

benwalton wrote:what question should i ask CJ?

When are you gonna grow your hair again?
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby WiredOut » 20th Aug 10, 20:32

Have you ever tried to quit smoking? I find as a 'social' smoker that sucking on a too-highly-dosed Niquitin lozenge gives a longer-lasting head-swimming blast of nicotine than a regular death stick, plus you can do it indoors, too!

Sometimes I think it takes banishing dirty little habits like tobacco to give you some space to find out what's really important to you...

...like nicotine! ;)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby therapy20 » 23rd Aug 10, 15:58

Hi Ginger

Was just wondering how, looking back you view the Endless Nameless album, I know that it polarises opinion amongst Wildhearts fans, personally I absolutely love it and wouldnt change a thing about it. But as it was a difficult time for the band and for the band members do you see the album as more of a troubled period and an era that you now dont enjoy looking back on?

Thanks
therapy20

Postby Mattie » 23rd Aug 10, 19:06

Hi Ginger,

Siberian Angel is perhaps my favourite track from Yoni, and every bit of proof if it was needed that you can write excellent songs for other people to sing, but how did it come to be that you got Vaden Todd Lewis to record one of your tracks? Obviously you have been a fan of his for a while but how much did he know about your work before committing to the track?

Also, if you've heard them, what did you think of the newest (aside from finally releasing Feeler) Toadies album 'No Deliverance' ? Or his other project Burden Brothers? (specifically the album Mercy but either really)
Last edited by Mattie on 23rd Aug 10, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Ginger » 23rd Aug 10, 19:15

<< by therapy20 » 23rd Aug 10, 15:58

Hi Ginger

Was just wondering how, looking back you view the Endless Nameless album, I know that it polarises opinion amongst Wildhearts fans, personally I absolutely love it and wouldnt change a thing about it. But as it was a difficult time for the band and for the band members do you see the album as more of a troubled period and an era that you now dont enjoy looking back on?

Thanks>>

It's often impossible to separate bad times from good art as the pairing is usually key. The art I love, and also the art I create, can usually be targeted to life changing moments of intense trauma manifesting in extreme creative expression. Looking back on this time is a mixed bag of goodies, there were times where we felt invincible, that the world was against us and it empowered us, and there are examples of drugs being a destructive and dividing force, such is the paradox of rock n roll lived to the full. We were dumb and careless and I love this album for that.

<< by WiredOut » 20th Aug 10, 20:32

Have you ever tried to quit smoking? I find as a 'social' smoker that sucking on a too-highly-dosed Niquitin lozenge gives a longer-lasting head-swimming blast of nicotine than a regular death stick, plus you can do it indoors, too!

Sometimes I think it takes banishing dirty little habits like tobacco to give you some space to find out what's really important to you...

...like nicotine! >>

Apart from stuff I'm gonna get arrested and jailed for I'm not into quitting anything. I've given up cigarettes for long enough to see how it can be done, and then I want to start again in order to develop a relationship with my vice. I want the freedom of choice and to learn the discipline that this ultimately entails. Now, with the luxury of choice, I hardly smoke at all. Never, ever around my boy and occasionally when I'm on the road I'll smoke when I'm drinking.

<< by floyd » 19th Aug 10, 20:48

Hi Ginger,was just listening to 'Johnny Wash'n'Go', where did the phone call at the beginning come from? Just a sample, or a story behind it? A good volley of abusive language always sounds great with a scottish accent!>>

I used to love taking drugs and putting daft shit on our records, especially the vinyl versions. That conversation came from a tape that was doing the rounds back in the day.

<< by Col » 19th Aug 10, 19:38

What's the score with the Chris McCormack project?>>

As a five man band our schedules are often frustratingly conflicting, but I really love the guys in this band and will do anything I can to make this happen. Expect an album in 2011.

<< by WiredOut » 19th Aug 10, 10:04

Hi. Something that occurred to me lately is that I've rarely, if ever, heard you discuss The Stooges (I think anyway!). Just wondering what you make of them in general, and the Raw Power album in particular. Just cos I think the '97 Iggy remix of that album is one of the most fantastically overdriven skull-flaying rock'n'roll assault machines ever constructed by man or drug.>>

I love The Stooges, and also Iggy's solo stuff. I also find that they're a little 'trend heavy' these days, everyone having an opinion on/expressive a love for them, a bit like the Ramones a few years ago. I'll wait until the hype clears and continue loving them in peace and private.
Ginger

Postby ChickenDhansak » 23rd Aug 10, 20:57

The wife and I recently went to a Lee Mack gig and dropped off a Sticky Toffee Pudding for him on his birthday, which we over wrote the label to say "Stiffy Cocky Pudding" in homage to his DVD. I know. Daft. However, we are coming to the Highbury gig in December and she has suggested a toy cow on which we write "My Baby is a Heffer" as this is what our kids sing during renditions of Easth Vs whilst travelling in the car. Would this gift be appreciated, or merely chucked away?
ChickenDhansak

Postby benwalton » 23rd Aug 10, 21:56

Mattie wrote:Hi Ginger,

Siberian Angel is perhaps my favourite track from Yoni, and every bit of proof if it was needed that you can write excellent songs for other people to sing, but how did it come to be that you got Vaden Todd Lewis to record one of your tracks? Obviously you have been a fan of his for a while but how much did he know about your work before committing to the track?

Also, if you've heard them, what did you think of the newest (aside from finally releasing Feeler) Toadies album 'No Deliverance' ? Or his other project Burden Brothers? (specifically the album Mercy but either really)

I think getting Vaden Todd Lewis to sing this was a masterstroke. It's so different to Toadies stuff, but his vocals work so fantastically well on it
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat