^^^^^^^^ Japanese imports?
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 5th Aug 10, 20:04

Ginger wrote:<< by DangerousBeans » 1st Aug 10, 19:30

Ginger

I remember reading a while back you had an interest in the UFO subject.
>>

I would dearly love to read something new about the subject (yes, I still want to believe), but since X Files stepped down as the worlds fave TV show UFO literature has pretty much dried up on the shelves. A fad is a fad is a fad. I read so many badly written, under researched, hastily released books about UFO's, a few years back, that I'm kind of glad that money grubbing publishers can't steal any more of my time, and have instead moved on to releasing publications about Twilight and Justin Bieber. Hopefully the bible of UFO books will appear soon, complete with up-to-date research, and I like to think that a truly great movie on the subject will appear around the same time.

[/size]

There were some interesting titbits on the subject of UFO's on the news on the radio this morning. Some was actually old news and has been common knowledge for many years, but there was some intriguing apparently newly released secret wartime stuff involving Winston Churchill. After a couple of hours the news stopped featuring this stuff. <insert conspiracy theory here> Big news for a couple of hours this morning, but nothing on the TV news or anything this evening. Some of it was supposedly secret because it was 'too disturbing'....

Edit: More details here: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100805/tuk ... a1618.html
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Radish » 6th Aug 10, 09:37

Morning. I had an odd half-dream last night (while not sleeping well, so half-awake/day/nightdreaming type thing) that was basically the whole of the next Batman film (not quite as good as Dark Knight, but bloody good if a bit long at nearly 3 hours :eek: ). Catwoman was in it, Christina Hendricks making Michelle Pfeiffer look like Mary Whitehouse :bow: , and the Joker. Not sure who was playing him, but for some reason his theme music was done by the Wildhearts. Nothing you've ever released, but it was definitely you lot and bloody good too. Can't remember a single second of it now, but it was a real 3 minute poppunkmetal blast and a perfect fit for the character, the full version with vocals appearing over the end credits with the video swirling around in the background (featuring the Joker 'jokerising' the Wildhearts). It definitely wasn't called "Joker's Wild", but may have been "In it for the funny".

Anyway, if you could write a song/theme for one fictional character, who would it be? And what would the song be called?
And do you want a part in the next Batman film? :P
And should I stop listening to music and reading graphic novels before trying to sleep? :coat:
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Postby Ginger » 6th Aug 10, 11:21

<< by Radish » 6th Aug 10, 09:37

Morning. I had an odd half-dream last night (while not sleeping well, so half-awake/day/nightdreaming type thing) that was basically the whole of the next Batman film (not quite as good as Dark Knight, but bloody good if a bit long at nearly 3 hours ). Catwoman was in it, Christina Hendricks making Michelle Pfeiffer look like Mary Whitehouse , and the Joker. Not sure who was playing him, but for some reason his theme music was done by the Wildhearts. Nothing you've ever released, but it was definitely you lot and bloody good too. Can't remember a single second of it now, but it was a real 3 minute poppunkmetal blast and a perfect fit for the character, the full version with vocals appearing over the end credits with the video swirling around in the background (featuring the Joker 'jokerising' the Wildhearts).

Anyway, if you could write a song/theme for one fictional character, who would it be?
And do you want a part in the next Batman film?
And should I stop listening to music and reading graphic novels before trying to sleep? >>

Always quite fancied a bash at a james Bond theme. I think I could come up with something a lot more lavish than the last few Bond themes.
If by 'a part' you mean starring in the next Batman film, then absolutely not. I really don't want to be an actor. A director, yes, but an actor, no way.
Don't stop doing anything before bed that make your dreams more colourful. They set up the next day.

<< by piesJoy » 5th Aug 10, 17:48

^^^^^^^^ Japanese imports?>>

Penguin.

<< by blackdeathcrew » 5th Aug 10, 16:28

Fight, Fuck, Marry......???

(out of the current Wildhearts members)>>

Fight: CJ, we have matching height and weight.
Fuck: Rich, because he is a sexy a fuck and gives me the right horn.
Marry: Shit, I'm already married to Scott

<< by piesJoy » 5th Aug 10, 16:12

Who is 'She's so taboo' about?'>>

A girl that Alex was shagging at the time. We wanted to write a song together to see if we worked well, so I suggested we write about his last squeeze, and she happened to be a dominatrix. Handy.

<< by JasonH » 5th Aug 10, 16:08

Hi Ginger
Just seen on ebay, 2CD sets of PHUQ and Endless Nameless with bonus B-sides discs, due at the end of September. Just wondered if they're "official", as the fact they were originally on different labels, and the SOD and RLGL b-sides being on PHUQ instead of FFL, makes them look a bit dodgy. Cheers.>>

Yeah, they're being released by a company who got the masters from East West. I'm sure they'll sound great and find the band a new audience. Not sure how many die hards will buy them, but if they're cheap enough why not?

<< by nig1012 » 5th Aug 10, 13:26

i know it's early (and my apologies if this question has already been asked) but are there any plans for some wildhearts christmas shows this year (maybe in wolves on a sat night ) it just wouldn't be christmas without the wildies.>>

The Wildhearts won't be playing any shows for the foreseeable future.
Ginger

Postby Gladney » 9th Aug 10, 23:56

Hi Ginger,

I'm a massive fan from Ireland, and travelled to nottingham to see the wildhearts last september, which was fantastic. I remember you guys played belfast, the spring and airbrake i believe, on the self titled album tour which i missed, and heard you played dublin on the ...must be destroyed tour. Im wondering do you plan on bringing any live shows in the future to ireland, either dublin or belfast? Be it with The wildhearts (whenever you guys return to gigging) solo, acoustic or with michael monroe. and also what you think of Ireland? like have you been on a break over here or anything anytime!

Thanks for such amazing music, got me through the great times and the bad times and I always love turning people onto the band and your solo stuff!

Martyn Gladney
Gladney

Postby mochy » 11th Aug 10, 09:57

Ginger,

I took the liberty of running some of your Classic Rock blogs through http://iwl.me/ I Write Like which scans the writing structure and attributes an author's style to your writings. Apparently you write like H.P. LoveCraft - are you a fan?

Cheers,
Mochy
mochy

Postby Ginger » 12th Aug 10, 10:06

<< by mochy » 11th Aug 10, 09:57

Ginger,

I took the liberty of running some of your Classic Rock blogs through http://iwl.me/ I Write Like which scans the writing structure and attributes an author's style to your writings. Apparently you write like H.P. LoveCraft - are you a fan?

Cheers,
Mochy>>

Wow, what a HUGE compliment, the likes of which I'm unaccustomed to receiving and am unaware as to how to respond. I guess, thanks. Yeah, huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft. And I'm not even in the same sport as he, let alone the same league. The man was/is a literary powerhouse. I just write stuff. But thanks. Really. This might be my favourite message ever!

<< by Gladney » 9th Aug 10, 23:56

Hi Ginger,

I'm a massive fan from Ireland, and travelled to nottingham to see the wildhearts last september, which was fantastic. I remember you guys played belfast, the spring and airbrake i believe, on the self titled album tour which i missed, and heard you played dublin on the ...must be destroyed tour. Im wondering do you plan on bringing any live shows in the future to ireland, either dublin or belfast? Be it with The wildhearts (whenever you guys return to gigging) solo, acoustic or with michael monroe. and also what you think of Ireland? like have you been on a break over here or anything anytime!

Thanks for such amazing music, got me through the great times and the bad times and I always love turning people onto the band and your solo stuff!

Martyn Gladney>>

Oh man, I LOOOVE coming to Ireland, and only wish it was closer/the promoters paid people like me to come over regularly. There is so much I love about coming to Ireland. The drink, the people, the cultural uniqueness (whether architecture or history in my lifetime). The women are as beautiful as anywhere else in the world and Irish whiskey is my favourite whiskey in the world.
Ginger

Postby Kyukyuichi » 12th Aug 10, 14:42

Hello Ginger

I saw a picture that you were doing Karaoke in Japan (Aug / 2010) and the credit says "you are singing I Wanna Go Where The People Go" - which other songs did you try then?

And can we expect your SG5 Japan Demos (Sonic Shake / Rock n Roll Girls / Bone Dried) 3tracks as bonus tracks for Japanese edition of - Ginger Best of.....Album due Oct? ;)
Kyukyuichi

Postby bewley » 12th Aug 10, 23:51

Hi Ginger, thank you for all your music. It's soundtracked my life for 17 years, and I'm still enjoying it all.

The only thing that saddens me was the early demise of your monthly Singles Club. Not so much for the music, but simply because the sides of the CDs were meant to line up with a snazzy cartoon, which never got finished. Now I just have half of you smiling from my CD shelf, which looks a bit daft.

So, is there any chance I could persuade you to release some more CDs with the rest of the picture on 'em, purely to please my aesthetic sensibilities? Or, if you aren't planning an artistic conclusion (which I fear will be the answer :cry: ), could you suggest a way in which I can complete the picture myself?

Cheers,
Bewley
If pride is a memory, is nobody angry?
bewley

Postby benwalton » 14th Aug 10, 00:44

Ginger - I really enjoyed that series of blogs you did for Classic Rock talking about forgotten albums, it got me into some brilliant music (Urge Overkill, Toadies, Jayhawks, The Scorchers...the list goes on) Anyway, If you were asked to do more of these, are there any albums or bands you would mention?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby vickyp » 14th Aug 10, 11:17

bewley wrote:...the sides of the CDs were meant to line up with a snazzy cartoon, which never got finished. Now I just have half of you smiling from my CD shelf, which looks a bit daft.

So, is there any chance I could persuade you to release some more CDs with the rest of the picture on 'em, purely to please my aesthetic sensibilities? Or... could you suggest a way in which I can complete the picture myself?

Ha ha, I thought it was just me who was bugged by this! If we can get a file of the original image [Edit: thanks Ean], I can figure out a fix for this.

Right, take the above image. Print out several copies. Slice into sections, insert into the spines of CD jewel cases. Sorted!
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Ginger » 15th Aug 10, 06:05

<< by benwalton » 14th Aug 10, 00:44

Ginger - I really enjoyed that series of blogs you did for Classic Rock talking about forgotten albums, it got me into some brilliant music (Urge Overkill, Toadies, Jayhawks, The Scorchers...the list goes on) Anyway, If you were asked to do more of these, are there any albums or bands you would mention?>>

There is talk of continuing the reviews in the actual magazine. Of course there are billions of classic, unappreciated albums left unexamined. I'm happy to say that some of the best are from this century. (like Tegan And Sara 'So Jealous', for example)

<< by bewley » 12th Aug 10, 23:51

Hi Ginger, thank you for all your music. It's soundtracked my life for 17 years, and I'm still enjoying it all.

The only thing that saddens me was the early demise of your monthly Singles Club. Not so much for the music, but simply because the sides of the CDs were meant to line up with a snazzy cartoon, which never got finished. Now I just have half of you smiling from my CD shelf, which looks a bit daft.

So, is there any chance I could persuade you to release some more CDs with the rest of the picture on 'em, purely to please my aesthetic sensibilities? Or, if you aren't planning an artistic conclusion (which I fear will be the answer ), could you suggest a way in which I can complete the picture myself?

Cheers,
Bewley>>

That was, sadly, the idea of the label that were releasing them. Going back and finishing their work thrills me less than you could ever imagine.

<< by Kyukyuichi » 12th Aug 10, 14:42

Hello Ginger

I saw a picture that you were doing Karaoke in Japan (Aug / 2010) and the credit says "you are singing I Wanna Go Where The People Go" - which other songs did you try then?

And can we expect your SG5 Japan Demos (Sonic Shake / Rock n Roll Girls / Bone Dried) 3tracks as bonus tracks for Japanese edition of - Ginger Best of.....Album due Oct? >>

I always end up singing the same stuff at Karoke (Cheap Trick 'Surrender, Skeeter Davis 'End Of The World', and me n Steve Conte do a mean version of The Monkees 'Daydream Believer'), but someone chose that song for me to sing. It was funny because all of my Japanese friends in the room sang the audience participation sections, which made singing that rotten old song much more fun! ha ha
I honestly have no idea what the bonus tracks are for the Japanese 'best of...', but I don't know if anyone even owns masters of those tracks, plus they were recorded for Mercury records, so I imagine they won't be used.
Ginger

Postby Col » 15th Aug 10, 23:42

Have you seen the film Dig!, a doc (or rock)umentary about Dandy Warhols/Brian Jonestown massacre. Compelling viewing in so many ways.
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Ginger » 16th Aug 10, 11:32

<< by Col » 15th Aug 10, 23:42

Have you seen the film Dig!, a doc (or rock)umentary about Dandy Warhols/Brian Jonestown massacre. Compelling viewing in so many ways.>>

Yeah, uncomfortable viewing for sure. Kind of put off car crash documentary making, to be honest. Maybe I should go back and view it with a new perspective.
Ginger

Postby Col » 16th Aug 10, 18:45

The record company/Dandys side of it made me wanna wretch. Courtney Taylor himself said 99% fail in the sense of "making it"(record sales) but the record company keep plugging for the 1%. Their album bombed until vodafone picked up on the bohemiam track then suddenly they the dogs bollox again - is this typical of music industry?
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat