The Black Spiders (Groop Dogdrill and Future Ex-Wife)

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

The Black Spiders (Groop Dogdrill and Future Ex-Wife)

Postby andy_b » 3rd Feb 07, 13:12

Went to see the Supersuckers last night in Doncaster, and as always they performed a fantastic show. Played a mixture of old stuff and new, they generally rocked our asses.

Anyway, the point of this post is not to talk about them, but about the support act. It took me a couple of minutes to recognise the singer, as he's grown a lot more hair since the last time I saw him play, but it turned out to be Pete Spilby from Groop Dogdrill and Future Ex-Wife (his post-Dogdrill band), playing in his new outfit The Black Spiders.

I'll be honest - it's been a while since I've been to a gig where I've seen an unknown (at least to me) support band, and they've blown me away, but they did last night, even though they couldn't find a bassist for "their first gig ever" so had to go with a 3-guitar ensemble!

They have a similar sound/vibe to Groop Dogdrill and Future Ex-Wife, so if you were ever a fan of either of these bands you should check them out - they have a space at http://www.myspace.com/theblackspiders with a couple of songs on it.

Andy B
andy_b

Postby Col » 3rd Feb 07, 16:01

Cool tunes. Singer remined me of scott weiland.
Col

Postby SteveP » 3rd Feb 07, 19:17

Absolutely loved Groop Dogdrill, as has been said elsewhere here by me, couldn't really get into Future Ex Wife, I only got their Miss September mini album
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Re: The Black Spiders (Groop Dogdrill and Future Ex-Wife)

Postby savillelaforge » 26th Aug 21, 10:28

Nice, I like this story very much, I was looking for dissertation assistance. I have to do some essay project and for that, I need this. If you know where I can get it then please let me know. Hope I will find it soon.
savillelaforge

Return to The Cloakroom