ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Col » 29th Jul 10, 23:25

What's the state of play with Round Records, are you invovlved?
There only seems to be Electric six and Tragedy (band wise).
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Ginger » 31st Jul 10, 14:29

<< by Col » 29th Jul 10, 23:25

What's the state of play with Round Records, are you invovlved?
There only seems to be Electric six and Tragedy (band wise).>>

My business partner has been running the show for the last couple of years, so he obviously hasn't found much he wants to work with. I'll be getting involved again next year, so expect a few more releases with my name attached.
Ginger

Postby Chris Davies » 31st Jul 10, 21:10

Ginger, over the years i've seen you countless times live but some of the best gig's of yours i've seen have been in the Newport Tj's (Potatoes & You being a particular great night) how do you feel about the sad news of John's passing and the end of the legendary venue?

Also any plans for you to be gracing Wales anytime soon? Cheers
Chris Davies

Postby Ginger » 1st Aug 10, 12:09

<< by Chris Davies » 31st Jul 10, 21:10

Ginger, over the years i've seen you countless times live but some of the best gig's of yours i've seen have been in the Newport Tj's (Potatoes & You being a particular great night) how do you feel about the sad news of John's passing and the end of the legendary venue?

Also any plans for you to be gracing Wales anytime soon? Cheer>>

I was shocked and saddened to hear this news. He was lovely. Made me feel so welcome every time I played there. He is one of the characters that will always be sorely missed.
Wales seems to have gone off me in recent years. I don't get a lot of offers to play there anymore.
Ginger

Postby benwalton » 1st Aug 10, 16:03

Ginger, speaking of Round Records, there's a lot of people on this here message board who are in quality bands. Would you ever consider picking the cream of the crop and putting out something like a compilation of them on Round?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby DangerousBeans » 1st Aug 10, 19:30

Ginger

I remember reading a while back you had an interest in the UFO subject.

Having myself read stuff like Alien Liaison by Timothy Good etc and then veered off at a total tangent and ending up reading stuff about the Pyramids by the likes of Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval and then buggering off in yet another direction and reading Laurence Gardners stuff about The Ark of Covenant and White Powder Gold i was wondering if you still read about that type of stuff(if you have time) and if you have any recent recommendations.

I think the last book i read on these subjects was Reg Presleys Wild Things They Don't Tell Us
Seems such a shame but it kept us entertained

Darren Brodie
DangerousBeans

Postby Col » 2nd Aug 10, 21:27

Another Round Records one.
Slaves to Gravity and Black Spiders (so i have been informed) both have albums written but no one to bang them out.
Not fancy it?
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby neiljunkster » 4th Aug 10, 13:08

Ginger,

What part did you play in writting Brand New hate by Backyard Babies? Was it just the music, or lyrics or a bit of both?

Oh and if the Wildhearts do a new album and tour next year i would be very gratefull if you could tempt the Backyard Babies out of retirement and bring them along as special guests!

Cheers,
Neil
neiljunkster

Postby Ginger » 5th Aug 10, 09:24

<< by neiljunkster » 4th Aug 10, 13:08

Ginger,

What part did you play in writting Brand New hate by Backyard Babies? Was it just the music, or lyrics or a bit of both?

Oh and if the Wildhearts do a new album and tour next year i would be very gratefull if you could tempt the Backyard Babies out of retirement and bring them along as special guests!

Cheers,
Neil>>

I wrote the whole thing, music, lyrics and melody. They came up with the riff section in the middle, before the final chorus. Not sure they should get back together for a little while yet, I for one will be very keen to see what Nicke and Dregen come up with on their own.

<< by Col » 2nd Aug 10, 21:27

Another Round Records one.
Slaves to Gravity and Black Spiders (so i have been informed) both have albums written but no one to bang them out.
Not fancy it?>>

There are plenty of independent labels that would be much better suited to release albums by those, undoubtedly brilliant bands. I just release my own stuff on my label, anything else I really wouldn't have the time time to nurture and deliver the best for the bands involved, and we're far to skint to employ staff. Round Records was never intended to be a commercial label, it is merely a vehicle with which to make my own music available.

<< by DangerousBeans » 1st Aug 10, 19:30

Ginger

I remember reading a while back you had an interest in the UFO subject.

Having myself read stuff like Alien Liaison by Timothy Good etc and then veered off at a total tangent and ending up reading stuff about the Pyramids by the likes of Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval and then buggering off in yet another direction and reading Laurence Gardners stuff about The Ark of Covenant and White Powder Gold i was wondering if you still read about that type of stuff(if you have time) and if you have any recent recommendations.

I think the last book i read on these subjects was Reg Presleys Wild Things They Don't Tell Us>>

I would dearly love to read something new about the subject (yes, I still want to believe), but since X Files stepped down as the worlds fave TV show UFO literature has pretty much dried up on the shelves. A fad is a fad is a fad. I read so many badly written, under researched, hastily released books about UFO's, a few years back, that I'm kind of glad that money grubbing publishers can't steal any more of my time, and have instead moved on to releasing publications about Twilight and Justin Bieber. Hopefully the bible of UFO books will appear soon, complete with up-to-date research, and I like to think that a truly great movie on the subject will appear around the same time.

<< by benwalton » 1st Aug 10, 16:03

Ginger, speaking of Round Records, there's a lot of people on this here message board who are in quality bands. Would you ever consider picking the cream of the crop and putting out something like a compilation of them on Round?>>

Ben, please regard the reply, sent to Col, two letters above.
Ginger

Postby nig1012 » 5th Aug 10, 13:26

i know it's early (and my apologies if this question has already been asked) but are there any plans for some wildhearts christmas shows this year (maybe in wolves on a sat night :D ) it just wouldn't be christmas without the wildies.
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Postby JasonH » 5th Aug 10, 16:08

Hi Ginger
Just seen on ebay, 2CD sets of PHUQ and Endless Nameless with bonus B-sides discs, due at the end of September. Just wondered if they're "official", as the fact they were originally on different labels, and the SOD and RLGL b-sides being on PHUQ instead of FFL, makes them look a bit dodgy. Cheers.
JasonH

Postby piesJoy » 5th Aug 10, 16:09

I wanna see 'em at xmas too :( . :P
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby piesJoy » 5th Aug 10, 16:12

Who is 'She's so taboo' about?'
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby blackdeathcrew » 5th Aug 10, 16:28

Fight, Fuck, Marry......???

(out of the current Wildhearts members)
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Chris Davies » 5th Aug 10, 16:51

JasonH wrote:Hi Ginger
Just seen on ebay, 2CD sets of PHUQ and Endless Nameless with bonus B-sides discs, due at the end of September. Just wondered if they're "official", as the fact they were originally on different labels, and the SOD and RLGL b-sides being on PHUQ instead of FFL, makes them look a bit dodgy. Cheers.

They are on amazon uk aswell, very strange.
Chris Davies

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat