Zeen Requiem - Now Includes Live Bootleg

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 10th Nov 08, 22:42

Ean wrote:Right, it's up here. For the next seven days at least.

Thanks for that, I really like this song, would love a studio version it's great.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby SiN1758 » 12th Nov 08, 10:08

Thanks for posting that - it's a really good song. Great quality for an audience bootleg as well - don't suppose the whole boot is up anywhere is it? :)
SiN1758

Postby Ean » 12th Nov 08, 11:39

SiN1758 wrote:Thanks for posting that - it's a really good song. Great quality for an audience bootleg as well - don't suppose the whole boot is up anywhere is it? :)

Couldn't tell you. I only know that it's from the Japanese dates around the time it was played in Wolvo. trevorkian posted it originally, but he didn't say.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby sparky » 12th Nov 08, 13:06

Nice one Ean
Thanx :D
Gonna be someone, I'm a smoking gun, I'm the lightning striking
sparky

Postby SiN1758 » 12th Nov 08, 13:12

Ean wrote:
SiN1758 wrote:Thanks for posting that - it's a really good song. Great quality for an audience bootleg as well - don't suppose the whole boot is up anywhere is it? :)

Couldn't tell you. I only know that it's from the Japanese dates around the time it was played in Wolvo. trevorkian posted it originally, but he didn't say.

Fair enough - no worries - I assumed that it'd come from the Wolverhampton show as I remember people were talking about having recorded it.

Thanks again tho - it's been on my ipod all morning!!
SiN1758

Postby Nexus Icon » 12th Nov 08, 14:15

What a cracking song, Ive been listening to it all morning. Brilliant stuff, hope we get a studio version ASAP.
Nexus Icon (AKA Toby)
Nexus Icon

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 12th Nov 08, 15:12

Is this song about Danny Deen?
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Ean » 12th Nov 08, 15:40

Jason_scorching_past wrote:Is this song about Danny Deen?

It's a possibility. It was dedicated to him and Trace when they played it. I don't think anything's ever been said about it by Ginger as it's not officially out

There's a thread with some lyrics if it helps?

...And a guitar tab if anyone's interested.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Nexus Icon » 12th Nov 08, 16:38

Gives me the chills, is Ginger talking his father (or step father)?
Nexus Icon (AKA Toby)
Nexus Icon

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 12th Nov 08, 17:09

Ean wrote:
Jason_scorching_past wrote:Is this song about Danny Deen?

It's a possibility. It was dedicated to him and Trace when they played it. I don't think anything's ever been said about it by Ginger as it's not officially out

There's a thread with some lyrics if it helps?

...And a guitar tab if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the lyrics, I was looking for them. That's a really touching song, and is one of those tracks Ginger does that is fairly simple but has a perfect hook, the bit that goes "I (I) miss (miss) having you around..) etc. I love this song.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Workyticket » 14th Nov 08, 11:36

Great stuff, much obliged Ean!
Workyticket

Postby longgoneloser » 17th Nov 08, 08:12

Yeah it is about Danny Deen. Ginger mentioned it in Japan that it was written about him, the dude who "did all the crazy artwork in the PHUQ album". I also heard the recorded version as well in full and it sounded awesome. Real heavy guitar sound like the rest of the self-titled album. It sounded great and I thought it was going to be part of one of the singles. Also, i was told that Destroy All Monsters was to be a DVD only single. None of these have eventuated yet unfortunately. And they did a video for Revolution Will Be Televised so i thought Zeen Reqium was going to appear on that. During the recording I think they layed down like 18 songs. So there's a few that haven't made it out yet.
longgoneloser

Postby WiredOut » 19th Nov 08, 21:37

Thanks Ean.

This was better than I thought it would be after reading some of the downer comments about it (just keep your expectations low and may all your surprises be pleasant).

Maybe nothing spectacular but I think it has a poignant lyric and a sweet melody. A nice moving wee song.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby misterpunchy » 20th Nov 08, 21:33

would someone be kind enough to post this song again? i missed it the first time around!!!!
misterpunchy

Postby Ean » 20th Nov 08, 22:20

Aye, it's up again - It should stay up this time, it's on a better hosting site.

The password for the file is 'tattyheid'.

Welcome to the board.Image
Last edited by Ean on 16th Dec 08, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.
Ean Ü

Ean

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat