So long and thanks for all the memories

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Re: So long and thanks for all the memories

Postby Mattie » 18th May 12, 12:32

Col wrote:Oh, 555 has left me freezing never mind cold. But I'm hanging around coz I haven't got any other friends.

This is what I'm preparing myself for with Mutation, I don't see how involving someone from Napalm Death is a good thing, yay, incomprehensible threash metal with cookie monster vocals, greeeeaaaaat.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby markE » 18th May 12, 12:46

Mattie wrote:
Col wrote:Oh, 555 has left me freezing never mind cold. But I'm hanging around coz I haven't got any other friends.

This is what I'm preparing myself for with Mutation, I don't see how involving someone from Napalm Death is a good thing, yay, incomprehensible threash metal with cookie monster vocals, greeeeaaaaat.

least we will have Hey Hello
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Mattie » 18th May 12, 13:03

True, there's a chance it'll surprise me and I'll like it anyway even if there wasn't Hey Hello
I'm just getting myself prepared in advance so there aren't any outbursts upon release! :D

While I'm in the mood for stating things I dislike, I'm pretty disappointed to see Baby Godzilla added to the Download warm up shows (any of em) because I saw them in Derby supporting Exit International the other week. Generic screamy band trying too hard to run about the stage/audience screaming indecipherable lyrics in order to appear 'hardcore' whilst forgetting to write anything even resembling a worthwhile, memorable song. Fucking shite.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby boki » 3rd Jun 12, 23:05

Mattie wrote:

While it's far more likely that Ginger's brought Shane Embury in to be Shane-from-Napalm-Death for Mutation, it may be worth noting that he also (along with Napalm Death guitarist Mitch Harris) had a very melodic side-project called Little Giant Drug a few years ago.
boki

Postby Mattie » 4th Jun 12, 21:19

Boki:
Yeah, never heard of the side project but thanks. Just as a testament to how much my opinion of things can change in a short space of time, I'm now massively looking forward to Mutation and I retract most of what I said about Baby Godzilla in the post below.

What came across as trying too hard in Derby came across as brilliant in Manchester, it just worked for me one night and not the other. I've managed to tell one of them as much, they took me saying I thought they were fucking shit in Derby pretty fucking well :D

Mattie wrote:True, there's a chance it'll surprise me and I'll like it anyway even if there wasn't Hey Hello
I'm just getting myself prepared in advance so there aren't any outbursts upon release! :D

While I'm in the mood for stating things I dislike, I'm pretty disappointed to see Baby Godzilla added to the Download warm up shows (any of em) because I saw them in Derby supporting Exit International the other week. Generic screamy band trying too hard to run about the stage/audience screaming indecipherable lyrics in order to appear 'hardcore' whilst forgetting to write anything even resembling a worthwhile, memorable song. Fucking shite.
ImageImage
Mattie

Previous

Return to The Cloakroom