So long and thanks for all the memories

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

So long and thanks for all the memories

Postby shockingcandy » 10th May 12, 20:38

Hey all,

The Wildhearts has been a big part of my life for nearly 20 years but since my music taste has evolved in a different direction and with the recent Ginger solo efforts leaving me somewhat cold I have decided to delete my forum account.

Thanks to Ginger and the other past members of the band - I will always treasure the memories you gave me.

Ben

(signing off)
shockingcandy

Re: So long and thanks for all the memories

Postby markE » 11th May 12, 12:52

psssst - has he gone yet? now we can start talking about him. :hide:

seriously though - why delete your account? just don't post for a while and if you want to come back you can.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby 29xTheJames » 11th May 12, 16:25

Get over yourself.
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 13th May 12, 12:25

markE wrote:seriously though - why delete your account? just don't post for a while and if you want to come back you can.

Exactly. No need for any drama. :hmmm:
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Keith Richard » 13th May 12, 23:44

29xTheJames wrote:Get over yourself.

You need to get over YOURSELF! Respect the guy's decision. We here have a huge common interest and need to support one and other in hard times.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby 29xTheJames » 14th May 12, 12:06

SELF DELETED AS IT SEEMED TO OF UPSET PEOPLE
Last edited by 29xTheJames on 14th May 12, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Assmask » 14th May 12, 13:56

You're both wrong.

It doesn't matter.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby crispian » 14th May 12, 16:39

Hey all,

The Wildhearts has been a big part of my life for nearly 20 years but since my music taste has evolved in a different direction and with the recent Ginger solo efforts leaving me somewhat cold I have decided to delete my forum account.

Thanks to Ginger and the other past members of the band - I will always treasure the memories you gave me.

Ben

(signing off)

I think this is a lovely post.The guy doesn't badmouth anyone...he mentions that it's HIS tastes that have changed and he thanks the band and Ginger for the good times...something that I'm sure Ginger would appreciate...prety sure Ginger doesn't give a crap if people love him or hate him as long as they're not twats with it...I've felt the same recently,only cos I'm more in the 'Ginger Loves Cardiacs' corner and just haven't been keeping up lately,to be honest...altho I'll prick me ears up more for the Mutation Project when it appears...

The above post is,I think,completely free of drama and the reaction here from someone saying they feel insulted is totally over the top...not once did he say he had a problem with anyone or anything on this site yet people here get defensive and feel atacked...You ask what Ginger would think if he 'twitered' this to him...I think he'd go "fair enough...not sure why you've told me,but at least you're being friendly and polite about it...unlike all those forum wierdo's who think they own me..."

This reaction to this post should be posted on forums all over the net to show people the dangers of internet fans...
crispian

Postby 29xTheJames » 14th May 12, 17:06

I was merely defending myself after another poster implied I had the issue cause I, rightly, said that claiming your not a fan of a band on said bands forum (which exists for fans to talk to each other) is abit like a slap in the face. I believe I worded my arguement soundly and expressed that I fully understad the original post but stand by what I believe.

For you to label me a weirdo just because I expressed my opinion in response to another persons opinion is unjustified. The internet is about free speech: that poster had their say and left. I have my say and I am still on the forum. I did not swear or threaten the other poster(s). Your response makes me feel I'm being attacked however. No doubt other posters will tell me to 'chill' and 'relax': why? Just because I expressed disbelieve with another poster? Are yu not doing the same thing by expressing how 'uptight I am'?

I stopped using this forum for a number of years due to behaviour like this (other posters, I wont name, left for the same reasons). I did not publicly announce it. Then I returned in the run up to 555%. Now I feel my second stay on the forum is being sidetracked because others feel that it is alright for them to say one thing yet complain about others who may do similar.

I wont continue to post in this thread: I will publicly say that much. I will limit my postings to only parts of this board: its a shame that I feel I have been bullied into that. People can post that I over-reacted or such but bare in mind I only originally said something similar of the poster who announced their leaving. I thought that by expressing my love for WH and Ginger people would somewhat see my POV but that does not seem to be the case.
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby markE » 15th May 12, 10:36

i'm going back behind the sofa. :hide:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby nig1012 » 15th May 12, 19:05

Shame that, i met ben a few times in nottingham. Nice fella. All the best matey :(
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Postby Col » 15th May 12, 20:28

Fuckin love the internet me like. I'll fight any fucker, c'mon who's first???
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Col » 15th May 12, 20:31

James is a thoroughly decent guy aswell, I'll start with anyone who says otherwise. One at a time or all together. :D
Col

Postby Col » 15th May 12, 20:32

Oh, 555 has left me freezing never mind cold. But I'm hanging around coz I haven't got any other friends.
Col

Postby Egg4Goff » 16th May 12, 08:52

I think that this board is great way of finding out what others with similar taste are listening to. I've got into a few bands following recommendations on here.

Also, I can see why people might get a bit upset by the farewell message as he does say that his taste has 'evolved' which suggests he feels he's moved beyond mere Wildhearts/Ginger. I would assume a poor choice of words was behind it rather than any intent to offend as the rest of the message was pretty pleasant.

It's his choice though and I don't really care. We're still here, got live shows to look forward to, just had a triple album of brand new stuff (whatever your opinion) and much more on the way. Good times for the rest of us.
Egg4Goff

Next

Return to The Cloakroom