apple i mac problem

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

apple i mac problem

Postby denis » 12th Dec 11, 22:02

badly stuck here & no help to be found on google.

whenever i put cd's into the computer the tracks display as .aiff files but i want them to display as mp3 files which i'm sure they were doing as recently as last week.

i'm copying my cd's onto an external hard drive & things were moving along nicely until a software update.

i know you can download mp3 convertors but that would mean copying the cd to the computer first & then converting it, wasting time.

i already went into i tunes preferences & set cd import settings to mp3 but that didn't work. any ideas?

thanks guys
denis

Re: apple i mac problem

Postby Zoloft » 30th Jun 15, 11:45

On a mac, a raw (uncompressed) audio track is an AIFF file, similarly on a Windows machine, the same file would be a WAV file. If you put in a standard music CD, they SHOULD display as AIFF, as they are not compressed. If you put in a CD that is burned full of mp3 tracks, those will display as mp3. If you want to make an mp3 out of a AIFF file, you need to rip and convert it.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Re: apple i mac problem

Postby Fileshoicc » 21st Aug 17, 07:36

I think I can find more information in this thread.
Fileshoicc

Return to The Cloakroom