Ruby Cruiser

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

Ruby Cruiser

Postby Rick » 15th Apr 06, 16:56

Anyone know what happened to Welsh band Ruby Cruiser? I think they did some gigs with The Yo-Yo's a few years ago. Their debut album was awesome, then the last I heard they had a line-up change and became Dead City Icons, then I lost track of 'em totally. Any ideas?

Cheers,

- Rick.
Rick

Re: Ruby Cruiser

Postby andy_b » 15th Apr 06, 17:19

Rick wrote:Anyone know what happened to Welsh band Ruby Cruiser? I think they did some gigs with The Yo-Yo's a few years ago. Their debut album was awesome, then the last I heard they had a line-up change and became Dead City Icons, then I lost track of 'em totally. Any ideas?

Ahh, didn't know they'd become Dead City Icons. I loved their debut album (Twelve Short Stories), but never heard anything else by them. I know why now!

Sorry Rick, doesn't help you in your quest though...

Andy B
andy_b

Postby Lloyd88 » 10th Aug 12, 02:22

Hey mate yeah I know, they stopped making songs etc after the company who signed them went bust ! The singer/guitarist is my brother lol! None of them went to Dead City Icons, expect maybe the drummer!
Lloyd88

Postby kriscoverdale » 26th Aug 12, 23:45

That's quite a surprise, I picked up a couple of Dead City Icons songs and they had a similar sound and lyrical approach to Ruby Cruiser. That said I can't find Dead City Icons in my MP3 collection now to check!

In the meantime, +1 for Ruby Cruiser, great band and a great album
kriscoverdale

Postby Minty » 15th Apr 13, 04:01

Hi

I left the band in dec 99, we had been working pretty hard touring and promoting and ufortunatly tempers flared and I left, the guys got another drummer in and carried on, I went to the strawberry blondes then another band call A List, I now live in Australia

We all kissed and made up a few years ago and we are very proud of the music we created together,

Maybe one day we'll do it again but currently we are all busy doing our own things

Thanks for the nice comments about the album means a lot

Steve
Minty

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 20th Apr 13, 13:17

Reading this thread has made me wanna dig out my Ruby Cruiser single that I bought yonks ago. Can't remember the title, but was very catchy and had the lyrics "Nicky had a job, cruising....". Reminds me of an ace summer.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 21st Apr 13, 15:05

The single was '(How Cool is) Joe's New Car?' I think. I still have it somewhere, and the album too. I saw them supporting the Yo-Yo's at The Borderline. A good band that never achieved their potential...
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Trash1 » 21st Apr 13, 20:17

Benny Hiroshima wrote:Reading this thread has made me wanna dig out my Ruby Cruiser single that I bought yonks ago. Can't remember the title, but was very catchy and had the lyrics "Nicky had a job, cruising....". Reminds me of an ace summer.

That track is A Little Indulgence Is Good For The Soul.

I only had the singles back in the day and didn't even realise that they put an album out before they split so I only got the album about 3 years ago, it's really good, recommended non-single tracks are Kinda Hope I Die Dancin' and The School Senior Lowlifes Finally Get Some Sex.
Trash1

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 26th Apr 13, 17:23

Trash1 wrote: The School Senior Lowlifes Finally Get Some Sex.

Best. Song. Title. Ever.
Benny Hiroshima

Return to The Cloakroom