Endless, Nameless
14%
Must Be Destroyed
No votes
Coupled With
3%

Total votes : 63

Postby dingwall » 28th Feb 06, 21:30

Ean wrote:Yep - the best bit is the bass boom before the chorus of Anthem. I've got a sub in my car and you can feel the song kicking in - it pretty much shakes everything except the tyres. :D

Ahhhhh! There's nothing quite like listening to Endless Nameless in the car whilst hurtling up the M1. Those booms in Anthem are simply awesome when you're surrounded by four speakers. And it's always fun pulling up in traffic with Why You Lie screaming out the speakers :twisted:
*dINGWALL*
----------------------------------------------
Do it all in the name of Rock n Roll!
www.wildheartsbootlegs.co.uk
dingwall

Postby Glen666 » 28th Feb 06, 23:14

dingwall wrote:
Ean wrote:Yep - the best bit is the bass boom before the chorus of Anthem. I've got a sub in my car and you can feel the song kicking in - it pretty much shakes everything except the tyres. :D

Ahhhhh! There's nothing quite like listening to Endless Nameless in the car whilst hurtling up the M1. Those booms in Anthem are simply awesome when you're surrounded by four speakers. And it's always fun pulling up in traffic with Why You Lie screaming out the speakers :twisted:

You're right. Endless is a great album but just sometimes, I wish I had a non-distorted copy. I reckon Urge is the best track on it.
Glen666

Postby clarkie » 1st Mar 06, 17:05

Arrgghh, that poll done my head in!!!!

I had to vote for Earth Vs in the end though, classic through and through.

Looking at the poll results makes me feel bad for TWMBD and (I don't think Coupled With should count as an album, it was really just a collection of previously released tracks).

I don't think TWMBD got half the credit it deserved, it was a stonkin' album.
clarkie

Postby Ross » 1st Mar 06, 17:10

It has to be Fishing for Luckies. Inglorious, Schitzophonic, Channel Bop, Sky Babies, Moodswings, it's the most interesting musically, and the strongest as a set of songs. I find that I've listened o Earth vs far too many times for it to ever sound fresh again. FFL I never get that with.
Ross

Postby Cam Fin » 9th Mar 06, 20:08

Just like all the great bands there is good good stuff on all of em & you wouldnt just have one & risk losing the best of the rest. Put it this way shouldn't we vote on the best Wildhearts mix tape ever instead (not mini disc or i- pod line up as I'm a technophobe at heart) that way you get the best of the rest as well !!!! That way you could chose a tracklist for every day of the week if you want. I can never listen to whole albums right through anyway.
Cam Fin

Postby Baby Chaos » 10th Mar 06, 00:43

Easily Earth Vs for me

Everlone, Shitsville, Suckerpunch. So many songs that they never really bettered.

No votes for 'Must Be Destroyed'? :lol:
Baby Chaos

Postby beerofthedark » 10th Mar 06, 10:56

Had to be Earth Versus for me, but i love all their little baldy heads that's it's still a bugger to choose. Have to say Coupled Wioth is bloody class to slap on cos there's a lot of variety on it and you realise, as great song after great song tumbles out of your speakers, that there's enough gold there to make up two incredible albums for any other band and the Hearts' put 'em out as b-sides :shock: sheer class!
beerofthedark

Postby The Monkey Hanger » 11th Mar 06, 12:07

While all of their albums are excellent & you won't find a crap song anywhere (except for the cover of Heroin...) my vote goes to Fishing For Luckies for four reasons: Inglorious, Do The Chaneel Bop, Schizophonic & Sky Babies. Those four songs contain more songwriting ideas than some bands manage in their whole carreers :)
The Monkey Hanger

Postby dtmthinktank » 15th Mar 06, 18:41

DrunkenLordOfEverything wrote:Oooh.. I'll have to go with Earth Vs. Complete Genius from begining to end.

At one point I owned Landmines & pantomines.. Amazon were selling it for £4.99 a couple of years ago. Foolishly I let it go on Ebay a couple of months back for just under £40.

I've got a spare copy of that, sealed. I tried to buy it on amazon, but was later told it was out of stock, then I found one somewhere else, and they both turned up! Both the long card sleeve as well.
You got to get through what you got to go through to get what you want, but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through
dtmthinktank

Postby dtmthinktank » 15th Mar 06, 18:43

I voted for Earth Vs. Everything is great, but I just think that earth vs is slightly better.
You got to get through what you got to go through to get what you want, but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through
dtmthinktank

Postby Glen666 » 15th Mar 06, 20:06

my vote goes to Fishing For Luckies for four reasons: Inglorious, Do The Chaneel Bop, Schizophonic & Sky Babies. Those four songs contain more songwriting ideas than some bands manage in their whole carreers :)[/quote]

You're absolutley right. That was definately the most creative point. Those songs still blow me away even now.

I only picked Earth V.s for nostalgic reasons, It has to be the greatest debut album of all time!!!!
Glen666

Postby Piedude » 15th Mar 06, 23:02

Theres nothing wrong with TWMBD, cant see why no-ones voted for it. It was the first WH album I got and when it was new to me it was one of the few "I see no reason for this to ever leave my cd player" albums (The joys of a 3 cd-changer).
I had to vote for Couple With on the grounds it has the most excellent tracks...thanks to being the longest by far. If Coupled With doesnt count as a proper album, then I have no idea, Im always changing my favorite...
Piedude

Postby dingwall » 15th Mar 06, 23:08

Piedude wrote:Theres nothing wrong with TWMBD, cant see why no-ones voted for it.

I think the reason no-one's voted for it is simply that it's not as good as the other albums. But that's not to say it's not better than most albums put out by inferior bands!
*dINGWALL*
Do it all in the name of Rock n Roll!
www.wildheartsbootlegs.co.uk
dingwall

Best Record

Postby Johnny Macwildheart » 17th Mar 06, 21:47

Earth Vs.......Pure Class...Great songwiting and its timechangingriffmanglingbloodonthefrettboardhooksliketyson music!! If anyone who considers themselves a rock fan aint got this album, they have a hole in their collection the size of eh....a box of big things!!!

It IS the best album i own....bar none..

JMac :twisted:
Johnny Macwildheart

Postby theprisoner » 18th Mar 06, 20:26

Endless Nameless,
call me a freak but i'm actually rather fond of an album that gave me the worst headache of my life on the first listen.

Earth Vs comes a very close second
and that's the only thing i'm going to say.
theprisoner

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat