14%
Must Be Destroyed
No votes
Coupled With
3%

Total votes : 63

Favourite Album

Postby EvilNeil » 24th Feb 06, 01:16

yes it's another poll!! jsut wondering what everyone's favourite hearts album is!! for me it's Endless, Nameless with fishing for luckies at a close 2nd. but i know a few people dont like Endlees, Namelss, so which one is your favourite??

i haven't included live albums, best ofs etc, just the studio albums!!
i included coupled with coz it's got some killer tunes on it!! OCD anyone?
EvilNeil

Postby Chris Davies » 24th Feb 06, 01:29

good question neil , although an extremely hard one , for me id have to choose between earth vs and p.h.u.q , however i do love all the albums with no faults in them for me anyway , even endless nameless lol :D

also agreed ocd what a song , its got everything both high tempo to a slow tempo , huge riffs , catchy chorus a truley amazing song
Chris Davies

Postby Mountweazel » 24th Feb 06, 02:04

Fishing For Luckies (the fanclub edition release). Utter genius from start to finish.

The re-released one managed to dilute the quality and the flow somewhat... the stupid laughter track at the end really didn't help either.

Earth vs. is an extremely close second though.
Mountweazel

Postby pglove » 24th Feb 06, 09:55

Yeah....that laughter thing is crazy.

Especially when you go to bed listening to Fishing and fall asleep before the CD ends and you have the chance to turn your stereo off.

Then.....later when you are stirring in your sleep, not quite sure where you are (or what you are - quite a few beers/smokes had before falling asleep), this loud laughter is coming from somewhere......you find yourself confused...it's 2am.....and then your angry Mum knocks on your door and wants to know why she has just been woken up by laughter :evil: .

That ever happened to anyone else?

This happened a few years ago.....now I'm not even allowed to listen to my music whilst falling asleep (due to girlfiend) :cry: ...My baby truly is a headfu*k.......but a good fu*k :wink:
pglove

Postby Kerby » 24th Feb 06, 21:53

Damn that was a harder than i thought..i kept thinking id made up my mind then id remeber a song off a certain album and change my mind again lol..I finally plumped for fishing 4 luckies..had too since it has Do the channel bop on it :D
Kerby

Postby Glen666 » 24th Feb 06, 22:11

Had to pick Earth Vs but it's really close. They're all amazing, including Endless nameless. I'd love to hear a version of that album with no distortion all over it.
Glen666

Postby EvilNeil » 27th Feb 06, 01:57

Glen666 wrote:Had to pick Earth Vs but it's really close. They're all amazing, including Endless nameless. I'd love to hear a version of that album with no distortion all over it.

i met ritch once and i spoke to him about endless, nameless and he said that people are always asking him if there is a mix out there without all the noise and he said what people dont realise is that the 'noise' on the album wasn't added on during the production process, thats just how they sounded when they played live in the studio so a version without distortion over it wouldn't be Endless, nameless.
EvilNeil

Postby Ean » 27th Feb 06, 18:23

pglove wrote:Yeah....that laughter thing is crazy.

Especially when you go to bed listening to Fishing and fall asleep before the CD ends and you have the chance to turn your stereo off.

That ever happened to anyone else?

You should try the vinyl. The laughter is recorded on the run-off at the centre (where the needle just goes round and round 'til you take it off, for the youngsters amongst us), so it never stops.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby weebleboy » 28th Feb 06, 00:40

That was a hard choice..... PHUQ got me into the band, but Earth Vs is a more complete album. There's some awesome stuff on Luckies as well, but its EVTW for me. Generally sits best with my tastes. My mate did me a compilation disk of some of the other songs that werent on any of the other albums, and it was a pretty great collection: shut your fuckin mouth, walk like a mother fucker thru to skychaser high and bad time to be having a bad time- a great one for the car stereo!
weebleboy

Postby kateyay » 28th Feb 06, 10:36

Endless, Nameless for me!

It sounds different every time you hear it, and there's always something new in there you've not heard before. Simply amazing.

I do like all the others too, FFL probably stands out as "the one where it all went a bit mad with the songs and that" and Earth Vs is always hailed as "the classic" but i'm a bit of a fan of "the weird", so...
kateyay

Postby goblin » 28th Feb 06, 15:02

i think p.h.u.q is my favourite albumn as a whole even though i have favourites on all the other albumns.

i need sleep.
goblin

Postby Ean » 28th Feb 06, 15:10

kateyay wrote:Endless, Nameless for me!

It sounds different every time you hear it...

Ah, yes, that'll be cos every time you hear it, it fucks your speakers just that little bit more... :wink:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Chris Davies » 28th Feb 06, 15:41

Ean wrote:Ah, yes, that'll be cos every time you hear it, it fucks your speakers just that little bit more... :wink:

hahaha its so true lol from the beginning of junkenstein onwards as it just gets louder and louder :D what an album aye ?
Chris Davies

Postby Ean » 28th Feb 06, 15:54

Yep - the best bit is the bass boom before the chorus of Anthem. I've got a sub in my car and you can feel the song kicking in - it pretty much shakes everything except the tyres. :D
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby DrunkenLordOfEverything » 28th Feb 06, 19:25

Oooh.. I'll have to go with Earth Vs. Complete Genius from begining to end.

At one point I owned Landmines & pantomines.. Amazon were selling it for £4.99 a couple of years ago. Foolishly I let it go on Ebay a couple of months back for just under £40.
The End IS Coming, So You Better Start Living.
DrunkenLordOfEverything

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat