DVD

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

DVD

Postby greggy » 10th Feb 06, 13:37

No longer an empty thread.
Anybody heard (or know) anything about the dvd that was being recorded at the Scarborough gig?
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby Peesh Junkster » 10th Feb 06, 13:46

I've been wondering the same thing mate!!! Some sort of Wildhearts DVD has been in the pipeline for years, well before the Scarbrough crack. I emailed Ginger a few times through the old 'Ask Ginger' and he always said he had some amazing footage he was sitting on that would see the light of day sometime...........When that is remailns to be seen :? Although I'm sure when aDVD does come out it'll have been worth the wait :twisted:
Peesh Junkster

Postby EvilNeil » 10th Feb 06, 13:51

I heard some time ago there was some problem with the company that organized rock in the castle and none of the bands got paid, so therfore they couldn't afford to do the DVD but as i say that was some time ago so dont know if that still stands???
EvilNeil

Postby Mike » 10th Feb 06, 15:37

I got a dodgy one off ebay - its good but not brilliant. I hope they do manage to release something tho I dunno if the scarborough gig will be on it.......
Mike

Postby Glen666 » 10th Feb 06, 20:24

There must be loads of really cool footage around from various stages of the 'hearts career. Somehow it must be possible to get it all together for a double DVD!!!

I guess it all comes down to funding as usual, f***ing money !!!
Glen666

Postby Johnny » 10th Feb 06, 21:09

The DVD is hopefully going to be released sometime this year by Secret Records. Check out this link:-

http://www.secretrecordslimited.com/ViewPage.asp?PageID=10
Johnny

Postby blackdeathcrew » 11th Feb 06, 10:17

Coooool 8)
blackdeathcrew

Postby Iain Mc » 11th Feb 06, 11:41

Johnny wrote:The DVD is hopefully going to be released sometime this year by Secret Records. Check out this link:-

http://www.secretrecordslimited.com/ViewPage.asp?PageID=10

I'm still waiting for the same company to release the Terrorvision DVD, it seems to have disappeared off the planet, so my hopes will not be raised for the Wildhearts one either :(
Iain Mc

Postby greggy » 11th Feb 06, 19:16

Thanks for Johnny.
Here's hoping...
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby Damian » 13th Feb 06, 09:05

It was a good day but perhaps not the best Wildhearts show ever due to a few technical issues and the curfew. Still well worth seeing (fireworks! tunes!) but you'll notice if it comes out (and you weren't there) that Ginger looks pretty unhappy for most of the set.

I'd love to see it appear though - especially if they can add in the interviews and the long-awaited documentary. The odd thing is that a while back Ginger appealed for videotapes and anything people could find in the way of TV footage. A friend of mine sent him an e-mail listing all the stuff he had (and there was a lot - old Noisy Mothers appearances and whatnot) but there was no reply at the time.

There's a great DVD out there somewhere if someone has the time (and money?) to make it...
Damian

Postby Glen666 » 13th Feb 06, 21:56

Damian wrote:It was a good day but perhaps not the best Wildhearts show ever due to a few technical issues and the curfew. Still well worth seeing (fireworks! tunes!) but you'll notice if it comes out (and you weren't there) that Ginger looks pretty unhappy for most of the set.

I'd love to see it appear though - especially if they can add in the interviews and the long-awaited documentary. The odd thing is that a while back Ginger appealed for videotapes and anything people could find in the way of TV footage. A friend of mine sent him an e-mail listing all the stuff he had (and there was a lot - old Noisy Mothers appearances and whatnot) but there was no reply at the time.

There's a great DVD out there somewhere if someone has the time (and money?) to make it...

Ain't that the truth. A nice 2 disc package of old TV clips, interviews and general mucking about including live stuff would be fantastic. At least then we wouldn't have to risk £40 or more getting dodgy bootlegs on e-bay. Just wish someone would put the money down to make it.
Glen666

Postby Gimpston » 17th Feb 06, 12:01

I'm really hoping the Scarborough DVD sees the light of day, if only so i can see if i canbe seen in the crowd (which i'm pretty sure i will). I was right up at the front in the middle and got hurled back about 5 feet when Ginger lobbed his guitar in the audience after playing Geordie. Excellent stuff!
Love You (Til' I Don't)

GIMPSTON x X x
Gimpston

Postby dingwall » 22nd Feb 06, 15:57

Damian wrote:I'd love to see it appear though - especially if they can add in the interviews and the long-awaited documentary. The odd thing is that a while back Ginger appealed for videotapes and anything people could find in the way of TV footage. A friend of mine sent him an e-mail listing all the stuff he had (and there was a lot - old Noisy Mothers appearances and whatnot) but there was no reply at the time.

I sent him four videos of material as he asked, and was gutted when I discovered the DVD wasn't gonna happen :~(
*dINGWALL*
----------------------------------------------
Do it all in the name of Rock n Roll!
www.wildheartsbootlegs.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
dingwall

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat