Mondo-Akimbo A-Go-Go music question?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Mondo-Akimbo A-Go-Go music question?

Postby OWEI » 14th Feb 15, 19:36

Hi all,
Long time fan, first time poster...go easy please!

I'm finally trying to digitise my collection, but I see that Wiki says the Mondo-Akimbo A-Go-Go EP tracks are remixed on the Don't Be Happy CD?
Mondo-Akimbo A-Go-Go is one of the few things I don't have, so I can't compare the two sets of tracks, can anyone enlighten me please?

Ta!
OWEI

Re: Mondo-Akimbo A-Go-Go music question?

Postby Zoloft » 15th Feb 15, 14:19

In my opinion the remixed tracks sound much more professional, and I suspect that was the point. The original mixes/recordings sound very DIY/cheap demo-ish in my opinion. From what I understand, Kerrang (however you spell it) said roughly the same thing about the EP when it came out, so it was remixed and re-issued for a fuller, more professional sound. Some say not just remixed, also (at least partially) re-recorded, but to my knowledge, there has never been confirmation or denial of that from any official source.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby OWEI » 15th Feb 15, 17:16

Ta!

Are the original ep tracks available anywhere else apart from shelling out £25+ for the cd, please?
OWEI

Postby Zoloft » 15th Feb 15, 20:56

Not really, it's also Disc 1 of the Japanese Roundabouts box set, so, if you are looking to buy it, that is probably your best value. Discs 3 and 4 collect all the b-sides to date, so, it's a great set to have.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby macc lad » 17th Feb 15, 19:09

Are the versions on the Japanese best of taken from mondo or from the re recordings?
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby OWEI » 17th Feb 15, 20:02

Cheers, but I've got everything on the Jap box set bar the Mondo ep, so It looks like it's gonna have to be ep and mega cost...
OWEI

Postby Zoloft » 18th Feb 15, 01:26

Disc one of the box set is the original mondo, including the "Truth" snippet at the end.
Zoloft

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat