Endless Nameless & rapper Nas

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Endless Nameless & rapper Nas

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 27th Oct 13, 13:56

Stumbled across a 1998 track from US rapper Nas called Hate Me Now. Have a listen to the string section - and you'll find the notes' arrangement sound almost exactly like the ones at the end of Endless Nameless closer Thunderfuck.

Can't Watch This?

Can't Watch This?

Was it a coincidence? Was Nas a secret Endless Nameless fan? Did they both nick the melody from elsewhere?

Answers on a postcard to:

Does Anyone Use This Forum anymore?
PO BOX 1
Smileybones Avenue
Shitsville
NW3
Rock N Roll World
UK
Benny Hiroshima

Re: Endless Nameless & rapper Nas

Postby Zoloft » 27th Oct 13, 14:30

Yes, I still check this form at least twice a day. . .will listen to the video when I get home from work.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby idiottoast » 3rd Nov 13, 05:26

I still come here,only once or twice a week now tho,used to be everyday without fail.I think it`s really sad that almost everybody has left it,and gone to the facebook page,but thats the way it goes.I remember donkeys years ago when everybody left the LiST to come here,It took me a while to cross over,coz i did`nt want too,i loved the LiST.Things move on,and it`s my choice not to move on with it,this time,because i have zero interest in facebook.As much as i enjoyed interacting with people on here,and getting lots of WiLDHEARTS/GiNGER information,i wont be going to the facebook page.Sorry that this post is a bit of a downer :coat:
idiottoast

Postby Keith Richard » 3rd Nov 13, 23:40

idiottoast wrote:I still come here,only once or twice a week now tho,used to be everyday without fail.I think it`s really sad that almost everybody has left it,and gone to the facebook page,but thats the way it goes.I remember donkeys years ago when everybody left the LiST to come here,It took me a while to cross over,coz i did`nt want too,i loved the LiST.Things move on,and it`s my choice not to move on with it,this time,because i have zero interest in facebook.As much as i enjoyed interacting with people on here,and getting lots of WiLDHEARTS/GiNGER information,i wont be going to the facebook page.Sorry that this post is a bit of a downer :coat:

I share your views. This IS the Wildhearts web site. Come back Ginger & Co........we miss and need you!
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Zoloft » 5th Nov 13, 01:40

With formspring gone, and twitter a very awkward way to communicate, maybe this website might make a glorious comeback!
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 6th Nov 13, 10:10

Any thoughts on the melody similarities chaps?
Benny Hiroshima

Postby James S » 6th Nov 13, 10:26

Zoloft wrote:With formspring gone, and twitter a very awkward way to communicate, maybe this website might make a glorious comeback!

Formspring hasn't gone, its just rebranded. Ginger is still active on it

http://new.spring.me/#!/user/gingernyc
James S

Postby Zoloft » 6th Nov 13, 12:52

Ginger hasn't posted to it in a while, and he is so frustrated with the "new" formspring, at least according to his last tweet about it, he's given up on it. That may change of course, but at the moment, at least when it comes to all things Ginger, formspring/spring.me is dead.
Zoloft

Postby idiottoast » 9th Nov 13, 20:55

Benny - I`ll have to take your word for it,as i could`nt get past the first minute of that rap song.I just cant listen to stuff like that,the way they sing ? the vocals,i cant listen to it.It does sound familiar tho,upto where he started to sing ?/rap,from a film maybe,it`s gonna bug me now.
idiottoast

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 11th Nov 13, 15:40

I'm not a fan of Nas' stuff - and that track of his is shite. However, there's a striking similarity between the two. First noticed it when hearing that track by chance when I worked in a record store and has dogged me since.

Speaking of rap, I love how some of Ginger's most rhytmic lyrics lend themselves very easy to rap tracks.... or even just throwing them in rap style over other tracks. Stuff like Caffeine Bomb, verses of Suckerpunch, Junkenstein and The Sweetest Song.

Those of a similar disposition who like G's lyrical rhythmn would do no harm in checking out Wu Tang Clan's tune Triumph.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Cwej » 24th Mar 14, 01:03

Is it the carmen burina influence ? i'm not super musically minded but something about the stings of it .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej

Postby idiottoast » 27th Mar 14, 22:04

Yeah,thats it.From the OMEN.
idiottoast

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 6th Apr 14, 12:31

Sounds like Carmina Burana, but it's not the same piece of music.

But does look like it was a sample from somewhere.

Also noticed that the news bulletin in Now Is The Colour is a sample taken from the first Grand Theft Auto game.
Benny Hiroshima

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat