Time for a new Wildhearts album?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Time for a new Wildhearts album?

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 12th Apr 13, 10:58

I know that G has spoken via Formspring of the scant chances of a new Wildhearts album, but it surely has to happen?

I'd love them to see them push themselves like they did with Chutzpah! or Endless, Nameless.

However, I'm hoping for an all-star double Wildhearts album done Pledge stylee featuring all past and present members of the Wildhearts (although not all on the same track of course!).

Would also be a good opportunity to a documentary about the band's chequered and non chequered past as well as big up the new recording.

Seriously, I know the chances of this fan-boy fantasy album/film are more remote than a research station in the Antarctic - given the sheer logisitical and financial hurdles that would be needed to be overcome....and that's even before taking into account any hatchets which may need to be buried.

Hey, but a guy can dream right?
Benny Hiroshima

Re: Time for a new Wildhearts album?

Postby James S » 12th Apr 13, 11:23

I think the chances of an album with Danny on are slim to none. I saw on formspring that Ginger said he wasn't sure they would do another but I wonder if the experience of the Earth Vs shows might have changed his mind. They all seemed to be having fun so fingers crossed. I love Chutzpah / Chutzpah Jr so more of that would make me very happy.
James S

Postby Zoloft » 12th Apr 13, 11:36

I'd imagine everyone here would love to see a new album. That said, Chutzpah is one of my top 3 records of all time, so if it must be their last disc, I couldn't be more content with it as a swan song.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Boaby Digital » 12th Apr 13, 11:44

Spoke to CJ after the Glasgow gig and when I quizzed him about the possibility of a new album he said they'd talked about maybe going into the studio next year, so all hope is not lost! If the reception they got at the Earth Vs gigs didn't whet their appetite to do a new record nothing will!
Boaby Digital

Postby Smithy » 13th Apr 13, 17:29

I'd be quite happy with just a new Wildhearts album featuring G, CJ, Ritch and RJP, nevermind about past members taking part. What a solid line up those boys are! Can you imagine the frenzy a Pledge campaign would cause??!

I, for one, am still absolutely buzzing from last weeks gig at Rock City and haven't stopped playing their albums all week!

I know G produces more music than any other artist alive and i don't mean to sound greedy but the world NEEDS another Wildhearts album.
Smithy

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 16th Apr 13, 10:27

By the way, I'd love to get my grubby mitts on a Wildhearts album that featured the amazing talents of G, Ceej, Ritchie and Random. The four can definitely cut it live, so reckon an LP of new material would prove very exciting. And it has to be done via Pledge - time those boys got some proper money from their recorded efforts rather than being shafted by the industry. I reckon it would eclipse the success of G's 555%
Benny Hiroshima

Postby James S » 16th Apr 13, 10:50

Benny Hiroshima wrote:By the way, I'd love to get my grubby mitts on a Wildhearts album that featured the amazing talents of G, Ceej, Ritchie and Random.

They are all on "Coupled With"
James S

Postby Ean » 16th Apr 13, 12:30

James S wrote:
Benny Hiroshima wrote:By the way, I'd love to get my grubby mitts on a Wildhearts album that featured the amazing talents of G, Ceej, Ritchie and Random.

They are all on "Coupled With"

Ritch isn't - that was all Stidi.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby James S » 16th Apr 13, 13:37

Bah! foiled.
James S

Postby Keith Richard » 18th Apr 13, 11:55

I would pledge to the hilt for a new album!
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 19th Apr 13, 09:17

Same here... especially as I really rate Random's bass playing and Ritch's drumming. That's one mean rhythm section!
Benny Hiroshima

Postby sparky » 4th Jun 13, 19:44

Any Wildhearts album made via the pledge is going to be mind blowing :bounce: and I would go as far to say it will be the best Wildies album to date. I know thats probably saying a lot but I feel like they wont hold back on anything
Gonna be someone, I'm a smoking gun, I'm the lightning striking
sparky

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat