Heavy Hearts Benefit, inc. Inner City Overture (single mix)

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Heavy Hearts Benefit, inc. Inner City Overture (single mix)

Postby cjrodwell » 3rd Apr 12, 05:20

I thought this might interest some of you.

Scott Sorry & Rich Jones amongst others are involved in a benefit album released on April 6th that features a previously unreleased single mix of Inner City Overture, an unreleased Sorry & The Sinatras track and a new Loyalties track.

Details can be found here

http://heavyheartsbenefit.com/

http://heavyheartsbenefit.com/artists/
cjrodwell

Re: Inner City Overture (single mix)

Postby Kyukyuichi » 3rd Apr 12, 08:15

Hello

I reckon you to buy this compilation even just for this single mix.
Less dark, much more brighter sound and no harmony (just Ginger's voice) from CJ on "Everybody come together all around the world" part. You can find more difference there.

;)
Kyukyuichi

Re: Inner City Overture (single mix)

Postby Egg4Goff » 3rd Apr 12, 13:29

New Loyalties, SATS and Supercharger. A b-side from Eureka Machines along with the single mix of Inner City Overture make it all well worth while.

There's also a load of stuff from artisits I don't know that well so it will be a good learning experience too.

On top of all that it's helping pay the medical bills of Lenny (SATS drummer).

Can't think of a reason not to really.
Egg4Goff

Re: Heavy Hearts Benefit, inc. Inner City Overture (single mix)

Postby Col » 8th Apr 12, 17:17

Anyone got this?

Fantastic music by fantastic bands - all for £6.50 and going to help someone in need of help.
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Zoloft » 9th Apr 12, 02:15

Bought if the release date, but haven't listened yet. . . damn I hate this trend of download only releases, when I pay my hard earned cash, I want a physical CD for my money, not some digital download that if I am patient, I can download somewhere for free. . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Col » 11th Apr 12, 17:27

it's a fundraiser!
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby vickyp » 13th Apr 12, 18:44

Zoloft wrote:Bought if the release date, but haven't listened yet. . . damn I hate this trend of download only releases, when I pay my hard earned cash, I want a physical CD for my money, not some digital download that if I am patient, I can download somewhere for free. . .

The whole point of this compilation is to raise money to cover Lenny's medical bills (in the US) and also for the charity Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund.
http://heavyheartsbenefit.com/

Making it a download means they a) have something available very quickly to sell to raise money for someone who needs it, and b) save money on physical formats so more goes where it's needed. I think when seen in that light you can't really knock it.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby denis » 15th Apr 12, 01:20

hear hear vickyp! if you want a physical CD, just burn the tracks onto a CD-R & hey presto... a physical CD!
denis

Postby Mattie » 17th Apr 12, 13:03

I bought it and downloaded it, but have been too wrapped up in 555 to listen to it yet.
No time like the present I guess!
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Zoloft » 18th Apr 12, 04:35

I said it was the TREND of music going download only that I didn't like, not the specifics of this release. With this one we at least had the option to purchase a lossless version, which I did. On the Haiti Project, another download only "disc" we got the Sonic Graffiti track only at 160kbs? And, again, I know these particular projects are bad examples, because they are benefits, but too many discs are going by way of download only, with no choice of quality, with different bonus tracks depending on where you download it from. . . *sigh* ok end rant. . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Egg4Goff » 25th Apr 12, 13:48

Listened to this a couple of times now and am mightily impressed with the quality of music. Loads of bands I was totally unaware of who I'll definitely be invesigating further.

22 (yes, 22!) tracks some of which are rare/previously unreleased by bands I already like with the rest a big eye-opener to loads of new-to-me bands. Even if this wasn't for a worthwhile cause it would still be a steal.
Egg4Goff

Postby denzprhd » 25th Apr 12, 18:31

thanks for the kind words....supercharger were delighted to be asked to be part of this 22 track monster...and i belive it is.....amazing tunage,all for a great cause..and i got to hear at least five or six mint bands that ive never had chance to check out....i hope you buy it before may the 1st when its pulled from sale, i for one will not be copying it for anyone,its the price of two pints o beer,naff all......it goes to show how the rock community look after each other and think alot of each other,bravo rich jones ,dave kerr,scott sorry..ginger....and of course,we hope you get well soon lenny bro X
denzprhd

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat