A question for the completists out there....

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Stejy » 26th Nov 11, 15:34

....did anyone bother buying 'The Works' or the 2CD versions of 'Earth Vs...' 'P.H.U.Q.', etc? Is there anything to make 'em worth purchasing? I've got all the tracks already....
Stejy

Re: A question for the completists out there....

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 26th Nov 11, 22:01

I didnt buy either and I wouldn't bother if I were you, there was some talk of The Works having a better sound for some of the tracks, I can't tell you if that is true or not. I would say both are only worth buying if you are missing songs and also I gather are cash-ins which the band sees no money from.

The 2 cd re-releases are meant to have some extra liner notes/art/photos but probably not worth forking out for.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby denis » 27th Nov 11, 14:32

i collect everything (vinyl/japanese editions etc) Ginger & WH related but i didn't bother with these releases.. waste of your money i reckon. if you really want them, wait a while & they'll be up on ebay for a few pence
denis

Postby Stejy » 27th Nov 11, 19:50

Cool cheers folks, that's pretty much what I figured.
Stejy

Postby WiredOut » 22nd Dec 11, 20:14

Late to this topic but I bought The Works despite already having all the tracks. I found that pretty much all of the tracks actually sounded a bit clearer and sharper than they do elsewhere. Sure it's not my imagination as a few other people here have also commented as such.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat