Why are all the albums NOT on Itunes

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Why are all the albums NOT on Itunes

Postby getting it on tuesday » 26th Jul 11, 18:35

Just wondered why all the albums are not on Itunes?

And is there a plan to put them on?

Any ideas anyone?

Gav
getting it on tuesday

Re: Why are all the albums NOT on Itunes

Postby Ean » 26th Jul 11, 23:19

That's something you'd have to take up with whichever record company owns what's missing (Warner and Mushroom by the looks), as the band have no control over record company plans to digitise, or otherwise, their back catalogues. :|
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Ross » 27th Jul 11, 10:09

It annoys me more because I don't get the pictures on my iPod. I'm selfish, I know...
Ross

Postby getting it on tuesday » 27th Jul 11, 11:03

Thanks Ean

I just always presumed it was a band thing.

Dont like having artwork missing on my itunes. Sad i know :-)

Gav
getting it on tuesday

Postby DiggityDawg » 27th Jul 11, 15:50

Just download the album covers into a folder ( I have one labelled "iTunes Art" ) , then add the pic to the albums in iTunes.
DiggityDawg

Postby Marky Mark » 27th Jul 11, 16:20

Anychance of a more detailed explanation of how to do this ?

Been trying and can't make it work :grr:
Marky Mark

Postby Ean » 27th Jul 11, 17:37

Assuming you're on a PC:

1. Make sure the artwork viewer is open in the bottom left hand corner (click the fourth icon along at the bottom if it isn't), click the title bar until it displays 'selected item'. Now, when you select a track, you'll see the artwork rather than having to play the track first.

2. Select a track, then right click on the artwork and copy from the little menu.

3. iTunes artwork is stored as Bitmaps (i.e. huge files - add about 25% to the size of an MP3 file if you tag them with the artwork, and severely dent the amount of stuff you can get on an iPod), so open your favourite photo editing program (paint will do if you don't have anything else), paste the copied image onto a blank canvas, and save it as a jpeg. (Depending on how anal you are, it's worth checking to make sure the cover is square at this point, as some of the older stuff isn't always)

4. Back to iTunes for a moment: Select all the tracks you want to replace the artwork for, right click and 'clear downloaded artwork'. This should remove the iTunes artwork, if it doesn't work, then right click and 'get info' then tick the empty artwork box and OK - This will clear MP3's that have already been tagged.

5. Find the new image and copy it. Make sure all the tracks are still selected, then right click the now empty artwork box and select paste.

Alternatively, do step 4 then go here: http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp17 ... 20Artwork/ , copy the image from there, and do step 5.

Just so you're aware: You're changing the way the artwork is stored. iTunes keeps one copy of the artwork and links it to each track which fetches the file as necessary. Tagging MP3 files with artwork permanently attaches the image as part of the file, so each file will increase in size slightly (hence leaving them as Bitmaps would add something like 1meg per track, rather than a jpeg's 100kb or so).

This site's also good for missing artwork: http://www.albumartexchange.com/ They don't have absolutely everything, but anything they have tends to be straight, properly cropped and the right colours.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Marky Mark » 27th Jul 11, 18:34

Cheers Ean

My iTunes now looks the business.

:lol:
Marky Mark

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat