Wildhearts/Ginger vinyl only tracks?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wildhearts/Ginger vinyl only tracks?

Postby Zoloft » 20th Jan 11, 02:19

So, what tracks are out there, released on vinyl only, from Ginger and the boys?
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Re: Wildhearts/Ginger vinyl only tracks?

Postby Ean » 20th Jan 11, 18:16

With the exception of Johnny Wash'N'Go and the instrumental from Fishing For Luckies, there aren't any vinyl only tracks, although until the recent reissues, some of the vinyl B-sides were only available on CD via Japanese import.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Zoloft » 20th Jan 11, 22:48

Doesn't the 7" of So Into You have an alternate version of Dancing? And "Weekened" is added to "Strike Back". . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Ean » 20th Jan 11, 23:33

Fair point, although I suppose you could argue that an instrumental or live version of an already released track isn't a distinct 'vinyl only' track.

You couldn't possibly argue that I just forgot about them. No sir. Not at all. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Zoloft » 21st Jan 11, 11:02

LOL, you know me, I'm the one who wants the 30 minute version of "Nite Songs" because I want EVERYTHING, so yes, instrumentals and live versions count :P If you can remember any more, do tell lol.
Zoloft

Postby Trash1 » 22nd Jan 11, 21:09

Hope these links can stay without breaking (too many) rules, the vinyl is long out of print, it's highly unlikely these would ever be released again in an official manner as they are a bit crap.

[**MOD EDIT - Part of this post has been removed due to a breach of Messageboard Rule 1**]

Out of print/a bit crap/whatever, they're still under copyright to Warner and are therefore off limits for sharing.
Trash1

Postby Zoloft » 23rd Jan 11, 10:57

Thanks Trash! Guess I have to add PHUQ vinyl to my list of things still to buy. . . *sigh*
Zoloft

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat