29 minute version of "Nite Songs"

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

29 minute version of "Nite Songs"

Postby Zoloft » 9th Jan 11, 11:50

Alrighty now. . . reading thru the booklet of the 'Luckies' re-issue, it mentions the "near 30 minute 'Nite Songs'" and on the back of the booklet shows the time of 28:09. Yet the track length on the disc is only 22:14. The Japanese pressing of 'Luckies' I have, the track is just the minute and change version, without the laughing loop. Does a release of 'Luckies' (or any other album, for that matter) exist that has a full 29 minute version of "Nite Songs"?
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Re: 29 minute version of "Nite Songs"

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 10th Jan 11, 03:49

surely that's just 7 more minutes of looped laughter?

seriously, there's having a keen interest in a band, and there's having too much time on your hands....
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Zoloft » 10th Jan 11, 11:04

lol agreed, but I'm trying to collect everything. . . a daunting task I know, but every time I think I'm almost there, something else pops up. . .
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Ean » 10th Jan 11, 12:44

Zoloft wrote:Alrighty now. . . reading thru the booklet of the 'Luckies' re-issue, it mentions the "near 30 minute 'Nite Songs'" and on the back of the booklet shows the time of 28:09. Yet the track length on the disc is only 22:14. The Japanese pressing of 'Luckies' I have, the track is just the minute and change version, without the laughing loop. Does a release of 'Luckies' (or any other album, for that matter) exist that has a full 29 minute version of "Nite Songs"?

The version you've got is the only version there is. The Japanese version doesn't have the laughter because it has the bonus tracks after it, and there probably aren't many people who would want to sit through 28 minutes of that more than once (plus it wouldn't all have fitted on the CD with the bonus tracks).

I guess you haven't heard the vinyl then? Where the laughter is on the run-off so is theoretically infinite. ;)
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Zoloft » 10th Jan 11, 21:28

I own the vinyl, just haven't played it yet. . .thanks for helping save my sanity, and my wallet, one less thing I have to keep looking for . . .
Zoloft

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat