Fishing For Luckies question

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Fishing For Luckies question

Postby darkblue » 1st Jan 11, 15:17

First post guys (be kind!).

I've been a Wildhearts fan since the 'Earth Vs...' album and have been an avid fan of the band ever since. I have lurked on this board (and been amazed at the knowledge of the band here) on and on for a long time.

So apologies if this has been asked before, but I've been trying for years to get every song (not release) the band (or their label!) officially released. Having just this afternoon bought the Japanese version of The Wildhearts for 'So The Spencers Can Poke Out' I believe I have everything except 2 tracks from the UK vinyl version of Fishing For Luckies.

Untitled Instrumental
29XThe Pain.

So after the over long preamble, the actual question is....

What is Untitled Instrumental and is it available elsewhere?

and

is the 29XThe Pain the same as the version(s) that appear on any other releases?

Thanks for the help!
darkblue

Re: Fishing For Luckies question

Postby SenselessThing » 2nd Jan 11, 08:26

darkblue wrote:What is Untitled Instrumental and is it available elsewhere?

It is also included in the Moodswings and Roundabouts boxset, after 'One before the lights go out' I think.

darkblue wrote:is the 29XThe Pain the same as the version(s) that appear on any other releases?

It is on Landmines and pantomimes and the UK 'best of'.

The Fishing 96 LP also has 'Johnny wash and go', which I think was not released again. But IIRC was not that good anyway.
SenselessThing

Postby darkblue » 2nd Jan 11, 22:05

Thanks SenselessThing.

I don't have that box set, so I'll need to try and find it or the vinyl Fishing somehow.

I've got Lnadmines And Pantomimes and The Best Of, so that means I can knock 29X's on the head. :D

I've got Johnny Wash And Go on two or three bootlegs collections, that for some reason don't seem to collect all of the Fishing vinyl stuff together which is most frustrating. That was actually the thought that started my question, as I wondered if I had the Untitled on one of these bootlegs (I have about 10 of mainly studio stuff from across the years) under a different name. If that had been the case, then I would have had everything officially released in terms of songs, if not releases.

Appreciate the help!
darkblue

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 4th Jan 11, 17:36

The extra tracks on the vinyl version of Fishing For Luckies (1996 version) are

29 X The Pain - a re-recording with the line "where ya hiding Richey James" replacing "I miss Kurt Cobain"

Jonny Wash N Go - awful song, though the noiseyness was a kind of nod to where the Wildhearts were going next

and the Untitled choral track is, erm an untitled choral track. It's great if you're proper monged off your face on some kind of illicit substance, but essentially background music for a massage if you're sober.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby darkblue » 5th Jan 11, 00:11

Thanks Benny, I know I'm not missing anything special with these songs, but I can't help myself I need them!!

:? :fish:
darkblue

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat