Wildhearts/Ginger covers?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: Wildhearts/Ginger covers?

Postby nuno75 » 27th Dec 10, 13:30

Zoloft wrote:Actually, I really enjoyed VR, and that's one of my favorite WH songs to begin with, great job! If that CD ever comes out, I'll be first in line to pick one up.

Thanks a lot. I'll let you know if I ever finish it. I recently had a hard-drive crash and, barring some kind of data-recovery miracle, I've probably lost everything I have except for the mp3 masters of everything. They're really high bitrate, so that should be good enough, but knowing me I'll end up re-recording everything. It tears me up knowing I can't go back and remix or add a new part whenever I want to.

Anyway, I can link you up to the other stuff anytime you want. There are eight or nine songs, plus a couple of covers I did with this girl I know.
nuno75

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 27th Dec 10, 15:06

Zoloft wrote:Any other bands RECORD and RELEASE covers (not just played live, actually released on CD)?

I once had a solo project that recorded a remix of Sick Of Drugs. The project went t*ts up, with a label pulling the plug on the EP. The remix of SOD wasn't earmarked for the EP, but I did stick it up somewhere on myspace. To say it got a "mixed" reaction from WH fans and other rock types would perhaps be an understatement!

My new band does cover 29 X The Pain at shows. We're planning on recording it, but whether it gets to see the proper light of day remains to be seen.....
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Rivfader » 29th Dec 10, 21:38

Psychopunch from Sweden did a cover of Headfuck on their "Funhouse blues"-EP.

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/288861
Rivfader

Postby Zoloft » 29th Dec 10, 22:11

Just ordered a copy of the Psychopunch CD!

Thanks and keep 'em coming!
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Zoloft » 4th Jan 11, 22:32

Just got Psychopunch in the mail today, good little disc, and Headfuck is a great cover. . .thanks. . keep 'em coming!
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Mattie » 11th Jan 11, 00:46

Did a bit of listening to the latest 2 Psychopunch albums on Spotify, pretty good in themselves actually.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Mattie » 13th Jun 11, 20:36

Zoloft wrote:Just got Psychopunch in the mail today, good little disc, and Headfuck is a great cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbiYti9zj3I
Youtubed it
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby WiredOut » 18th Jun 11, 14:03

Thanks for that Youtube link.

I like to think I can listen to almost anything but that Headfuck cover did grate on me a bit in all honesty. It appears an almost unkillable song but Psychopunch seemed to stamp most of the life out of it there, in my opinion. Really not trying to be a moaning arse 'cos kudos to the band on their taste but, well...

Or maybe it would sound a bit better to me on the actual CD?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby nuno75 » 15th Jul 11, 19:19

My daughter follows Ginger on Formspring and she posted my version of "Caffeine Bomb" and asked for his opinion.

He said "Wow, it's even tighter than ours!"

Pretty much made my year. :D
nuno75

Postby bucks » 15th Jul 11, 20:41

nuno75 wrote:Here are a couple that I recorded for a fan-generated tribute album that I tried and failed to arrange. I'm in a band but these are all just me. I count them as part of my solo project. Eventually I hope to get permission to put Caffeine Bomb on my proper album if I ever finish it.

Erich Arndt - Caffeine Bomb

Erich Arndt - Vanilla Radio

hey man just checked these out really good stuff !
bucks

Postby nuno75 » 16th Jul 11, 00:29

Thanks a lot, man. :D
nuno75

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat