Studio Out-takes/Demos - Help Please!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby DogsChocolate » 23rd Oct 10, 00:40

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can provide links for some boots i've lost, basically the Demo versions of Earth V's and Must Be Destroyed plus the Luckies Demo's and things like Push...In short anything which is Demo or pre-production...but not live. I know all that's quite vague but i honestly can't remember everything which i had...The PC it was on has ceased to be.

Some of the links on various board posts are dead by the way.
DogsChocolate

Re: Studio Out-takes/Demos - Help Please!

Postby DogsChocolate » 26th Oct 10, 21:38

Whenever someone's able these would be nice...

One More Night - Demo
Church Of The Broken Hearted - All 3 Demo Versions
Just Stay - Demo
U Wanna - Demo
Push - Demo

As these are all demo recordings I don't think i'm breaking any rules. They were available on another thread but all the links are dead...Sausages huh!
DogsChocolate

Postby Owen » 26th Oct 10, 22:29

Has the unreleased version of Zeen Requiem turned up yet?
Owen

Postby DogsChocolate » 26th Oct 10, 23:16

Hi Owen,

Other than the Chutzpah JNR CD Version i've only ever heard 'Zeen Requiem' on a live MP3 that was posted on here a long, long time ago. Is there an out-take, or is it the live version you are after?

If it's the live one i'm sure someone can give it to you or direct you to it...I probably had it prior to the above PC mishap.
DogsChocolate

Postby DogsChocolate » 26th Oct 10, 23:21

This is the the thread for the live one......

viewtopic.php?p=38523#p38523
DogsChocolate

Postby Owen » 26th Oct 10, 23:57

DogsChocolate wrote:Hi Owen,

If it's the live one i'm sure someone can give it to you or direct you to it...I probably had it prior to the above PC mishap.

I have the Chutzpah Jnr version and the live version cheers, but I am sure they recorded a version that they were not happy with which has yet to come out.

I love both version, but I just wish (geek moment) the jnr version had the drum bit that Rich does at the end of the live version
Owen

Postby Ean » 27th Oct 10, 00:26

The Early Demos:

Code: Select all
http://rapidshare.com/files/427340429/3arlyW1ldh3art5.zip

Password is: tattyheid

Kyukyuichi claimed he had the original version of Zeen Requiem, but has been surprisingly quiet since I asked him to send it to me to upload.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby DogsChocolate » 27th Oct 10, 14:23

Thanks Ean...Really grateful & the quality of these is far superior to the ones i lost. Where did that version of 'Truth' Come from? It's new to me that one.

Does anyone know where i can hear the Q Magazine mix of 'Heroin'? I think it's the only thing which i've never heard, also the wonky version of 'Down On London' - Thats NOT a request for official music in MP3's - I just want to hear them. I know the rules and support them. Maybe a Youtube video or Last FM link or something.

I wonder how many bands have the same level of admiration that The Wildhearts do ha ha! Were an obsessive bunch.
DogsChocolate

Postby Ean » 27th Oct 10, 17:39

They all came from the bootleg hub. I think I just grabbed the first version of each that I found, so it's more luck than anything if they're good quality (Not sure that could really be said for One more night, mind. Sounds like the singer was next door. ;)

Don't know about Heroin, or Down On London. What's wonky about it?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Trash1 » 27th Oct 10, 19:02

Is this the 'wonky' Down On London you mean? if so you won't find a better quality version.

FLAC: http://www.mediafire.com/?rbmdj037r4k0b7g
MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mpw11bul5c119z

Sorry if against the rules, feel free to remove, it's not as if you can still buy Earth Vs on vinyl.
Trash1

Postby DogsChocolate » 27th Oct 10, 21:30

Thanks Trash1 - Excellent, really appreciate the upload. You're right about the record and i own the cd so it should be ok ha ha!

The Mix of 'Heroin' which i'm after comes from 'Q The Music 3' given away with the magazine in 1997 - I've ebayed it but no luck, might find it in a charity shop or something...Unless its ok for someone to post it also, any chance?

'One More Night' is clearer than the version i had and the 'Snake' Demos have been upgraded signifacantly since i first heard them. Someone must have fixed them or found better quality tapes. A lot of stuff seems to have surfaced in Japan i'm guessing that's where the 'Zeen Requiem' Demo rumour originated. I read about 'Luckies 96' Demo's & out-takes surfacing but have never found them!

Half of the fun is the search though...
DogsChocolate

Postby DogsChocolate » 28th Oct 10, 13:51

...and i've just re-installed DC++ so if anyone still uses it and would like to go on then that would be nice. My entire Music collection is on there because it's easier than selecting individual folders, it's your choice what you take...but if you like it buy it too.
DogsChocolate

Postby DogsChocolate » 29th Oct 10, 15:15

The hub seems to be out of order, can someone let me know when it is working again.
DogsChocolate

Postby rico ravenshaw » 2nd Nov 10, 00:24

DogsChocolate wrote:The hub seems to be out of order, can someone let me know when it is working again.

I have been having trouble for ages. cant get anyones list or connect with anyone.

btw, thanks for the demos that were posted. I have never heard the full band studioversion of church before. AWESOME
rico ravenshaw

Postby DogsChocolate » 3rd Nov 10, 15:06

Hi Rico,

yeah, same here...if i'm able to connect in the first place ha ha! Perhaps someone in the know can help...Anyone?
DogsChocolate

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat