Scott Sorry

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Scott Sorry

Postby blackdeathcrew » 12th Oct 10, 13:10

Just thought I'd throw this out there as no-one else seems to have mentioned it......anyone know what's happening with Scott? I know he's back in the states 'sorting some stuff' but is the guy ok? Just hoping it's the not the old 'curse' of the wildhearts bass player if you catch my drift
Only mentioning as a concerned fan, not trying to stir anything up
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Re: Scott Sorry

Postby markE » 12th Oct 10, 15:30

seconded.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Kai » 13th Oct 10, 06:18

I just heard he got married a few days ago and seemed very happy. :D
Kai

Postby richjones » 13th Oct 10, 15:57

Scott is doing great. He's just taking some much-needed time to focus on elements of his life that aren't music-related
richjones

Postby markE » 14th Oct 10, 10:15

thanks, rich. thats good to hear.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby blackdeathcrew » 14th Oct 10, 14:36

Yeah thanks Rich, is good news
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Rupert » 21st Dec 10, 14:24

I don't know if this is new or not, but I've just seen the following on Scott's Wikipedia page...

There are initial reports that Sorry has left The Wildhearts and Sorry and the Sinatras, and has quit music altogether. These are yet to be confirmed.

Like previous posts I'm not trying to stir, just wondering if anyone knows any more that they can share. It'd be a loss if he has given music up altogether.

Rupert
Rupert

Postby vickyp » 21st Dec 10, 23:01

Wikipedia isn't the place for unsubstantiated facts, and if there's nothing to back that up then it shouldn't have been added to the entry. Sounds like someone is jumping to conclusions to me.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Smithy » 26th Dec 10, 17:42

Rupert wrote:I don't know if this is new or not, but I've just seen the following on Scott's Wikipedia page...

There are initial reports that Sorry has left The Wildhearts and Sorry and the Sinatras, and has quit music altogether. These are yet to be confirmed.

Like previous posts I'm not trying to stir, just wondering if anyone knows any more that they can share. It'd be a loss if he has given music up altogether.

Rupert

:cry:

Hope that isn't true.......... :nope:
Smithy

Postby fakehero » 30th Dec 10, 00:00

After the Wolves gig, Rich told me he'd be back in England next year. Fingers crossed
fakehero

Postby Andy » 30th Dec 10, 01:45

fakehero wrote:After the Wolves gig, Rich told me he'd be back in England next year. Fingers crossed

...for a WH Xmas 2011 Tour and album in 2012. Well lets be honest, its what we all want.
Andy

Postby Rupert » 30th Dec 10, 12:34

Thanks for the update fh - that is good news.

More WH action would obviously be good, but hopefully we'll also be hearing more from the Sinatras too.

Rupert
Rupert

Postby crispian » 30th Dec 10, 13:37

Andy wrote:...for a WH Xmas 2011 Tour and album in 2012. Well lets be honest, its what we all want.

Y'know...at the moment,I'm not sure that is what I want.

It's so obvious that not only are the Wildhearts not,at present,a priority for any of the members, and Ginger in particular seems to be thriving on the challenge of being busy in a million different ways,even tho I have no real interest in the Micheal Monroe Band,it's been good to see G get the chance to be the guitarist/backing singer in someone else's band,a job he's bin talking about for years...
More to the point tho,the mention of a new solo album in the new year is the thing I'm really excited about.I can't help thinking that's where the real jewels are going to be.

Now,don't get me wrong-if the WH's were to make another album,I've no doubt it would be great,they always are(I remember getting very excited just after Chutzpah! came out when G said that he was more interested in making another album with that line-up,using more down-tuned guitars,sound effects and samples,he seemed to be seeing some future in the musical progression of the band for the first time in ages), but there's something that,as a musician/song-writer(of sorts) I can't help thinking,and that is this;-

After all those years of making fantastic albums,brilliant B-sides and countless great songs,to finally make a cleanly produced,luxurious sounding and short,compact and to the point album that finally showed just how f*****g good they are(regardless of whether individual people prefer the cleaner sound to the more punk rock scrappiness of the earlier stuff)-I would be tempted,as I get the impression Ginger is too,to say,"Right,job done,well done lads,onto the next project".
I'd love to hear more from the WH's,but is that what G wants? It doesn't seem so at the moment, and I'm starting to think that now would be the perfect time to move on,to NOT try to better Chutzpah!,to NOT make another record in that same style,cos,to be honest,is there anywhere they can go that won't seem like going over the same ground again?Ginger talks a lot about going backwards being something he's not keen on doing-so can the WH's ever feel like going forward again in the same way as his solo career can?Seeing the whole band take a more direct hand in song-writing and singing was undoubtably a step forward,but is it enough?

Just to be clear,I'm NOT saying that I think the Wildhearts have come to a natural end...not at all.
I just wonder whether Ginger can be as satisfied with the more rigid band structure(and in particular,THAT band,with all its history and weight) anymore...like I said,I have NO DOUBT that line-up could make another great album,but does it seem to anyone else that finding a satisfying fresh direction is something the band members all want?

I'm not so sure...

What I DO know is-I wanna hear Ginger making music(maybe not so much with the MM band-sorry G!)...and I don't really mind if that's with the WH's or in another band,as long as he's front and centre with his song-writing to the fore,y'know?
xx
crispian

Postby nuno75 » 31st Dec 10, 19:03

I love the Wildhearts and I'll admit that Ginger's solo material has, for the most part, not done a whole lot for me aside from a handful of tracks from each offering. That's not to say it's bad... but my genre of preference is pretty much centered exactly around the Wildhearts and, lets face it, Ginger solo ain't that.`

That said, while I would be sad to hear the news that the Wildhearts are finished for good, I would take solace in the knowledge that they at least ended on a high note with Chutzpah!. It's much, much better than if they ended their run with TWMBD or self-titled.
nuno75

Postby richjones » 4th Jan 11, 17:43

After the Wolves gig, Rich told me he'd be back in England next year. Fingers crossed

Did I say that? I might have been drunk. But yeah, we'd all like to see Scott back... when he's ready.
richjones

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat