Current line up!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Current line up!!

Postby EvilNeil » 17th Feb 06, 16:12

according to CJ's my space page the current line up is Ginger,Cj,Danny and ritch!!
could this be why the yoyo's appear to have split up??
EvilNeil

Postby L.O.V.E » 17th Feb 06, 16:13

thats an awesome line-up! :D
L.O.V.E

Postby EvilNeil » 17th Feb 06, 16:18

hell yeah!! this is probabley my favourite whildhearts line up!! this line up gave us some cracking tunes! 29 x the pain (original version), i wanna go where the people go and sky babies to name but a few!! if this the line up that makes the new album it's gonna kick ass!!
EvilNeil

Postby Hannah » 17th Feb 06, 16:18

That's the RitC line-up, which I agree is awesome.

I don't think that's got anything to do with the Yo Yo's split though - without going into personal details, I got the impression that it was to do with internal problems more than anything else.

xx
Hannah

Postby wez_wildheart » 17th Feb 06, 16:38

would i be the only person who will really really miss Stidi

fucking love the guy
wez_wildheart

Postby L.O.V.E » 17th Feb 06, 16:44

no you are not alone, i miss him too, but u gotta admit this is an awesome line-up!
L.O.V.E

Postby EvilNeil » 17th Feb 06, 17:06

dont get me wrong, Stidi is an awesome drummer, i just think Ritch is alot better. the thing that was obvious at rock in the castle was how powerful the drums sounded, which made the band sound more powerful than the time i've seen them with Stidi!
EvilNeil

Postby wez_wildheart » 17th Feb 06, 17:14

don't get me wrong both great drummers but for me Stidi had an edge on it.there was just something in his style that flowed more smoothly
wez_wildheart

Postby EvilNeil » 17th Feb 06, 17:44

Lets have a poll! just because we can!!
EvilNeil

Postby Glen666 » 17th Feb 06, 19:10

Very mixed adbout the drummer. Stidi seems more fun but Ritch is technically better.

Stidi was on Earth Vs but Ritch was on PHUQ.

God knows !!!
Glen666

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 20th Feb 06, 02:40

EvilNeil wrote:the thing that was obvious at rock in the castle was how powerful the drums sounded
No disrespect to any drummer, but I think the way the drums sounded at Scarborough was far more to do with who miced up the drums and who was behind the mixing desk on the day...
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby EvilNeil » 20th Feb 06, 12:50

Dark Lord of Barnet wrote:
EvilNeil wrote:the thing that was obvious at rock in the castle was how powerful the drums sounded
No disrespect to any drummer, but I think the way the drums sounded at Scarborough was far more to do with who miced up the drums and who was behind the mixing desk on the day...

when i said they sounded more powerful, i was referring to technique/style rather that amplified sound waves!!
the way ritch plays is more solid and precise than Stidi's which in my opinion made his drumming sound more powerful, you can imagine he hits the drum skins really hard
EvilNeil

Postby Baby Chaos » 21st Feb 06, 01:27

Speaking of Stidi, when I saw Ginger at Jo's Well in Leeds last year he mentioned Stidi had joined the YoYos.

Anyone got any idea what he's doing now?
Baby Chaos

Postby EvilNeil » 21st Feb 06, 11:46

Yeah he did join the yo-yos, but left after about a month because 'it didn't work out' haven't got a clue what he's doing now!!
EvilNeil

Postby Ean » 22nd Feb 06, 20:03

EvilNeil wrote:when i said they sounded more powerful, i was referring to technique/style rather that amplified sound waves!!
the way ritch plays is more solid and precise than Stidi's which in my opinion made his drumming sound more powerful, you can imagine he hits the drum skins really hard

Yes, Ritch is more solid and precise, but his speed sometimes suffers because of this, especially in the more 'punky' songs that Stidi recorded. I know Suckerpunch used to be noticeably slower and Stormy... at Scarborough didn't bowl along the same as before.

I like 'em both though - maybe two drummers is the answer? :wink:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat