Download only track "Borderline"

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Zoloft » 31st Aug 10, 23:35

did this track ever appear on CD/vinyl anywhere? some comp or promo? or is it 100% download only?
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Re: download only track "borderline"

Postby Ean » 31st Aug 10, 23:44

It's 100% download only.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Re: Download only track "Borderline"

Postby Kyukyuichi » 3rd Sep 10, 18:29

Hello

I found it on bootleg CD called "The Lost Demos 1" along with white album outtake studio version of "Zeen" :roll: Really impressed version indeed.

Maybe you can google "Wildhearts The Lost Demos" to find where you can buy it...
Kyukyuichi

Postby Zoloft » 3rd Sep 10, 19:44

Thank you both for the replies. Not really a big fan of bootlegs, but I just might have to, especially if the track was taken from a studio master, not just converted to CD from the downloaded MP3.
"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother Night."
Zoloft

Postby Sarc » 3rd Sep 10, 21:00

I'm pretty sure that cd breaks numerous copyrite laws as the guys making money from things he shouldn't be selling.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Kyukyuichi » 3rd Sep 10, 23:32

Hello

Japan is still a bootleg heaven and I found it on internet.
I am a serious WH unreleased tracks collector and I just wanted to share this info.

All I want to ask is.....should I delete my last entry :hmmm: ? Too much information?
Kyukyuichi

Postby vickyp » 4th Sep 10, 12:10

Not sure why anyone would want to hunt down and buy a rare bootleg of dubious legality when the track is available for free on this very official site (http://www.thewildhearts.com/music/) if you really want it on CD you could burn it to CD yourself ? :eh:
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Zoloft » 4th Sep 10, 18:50

I do have the downloaded track, but MP3 quality does not compare to an actual CD (from the studio source). I'd would greatly prefer to have an official studio CD of the track. For example, the download only "Only One" radio edit, I was able to find a radio-promo CD single of the track, and I'm MUCH happier.
Zoloft

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 5th Sep 10, 10:02

Is the difference in sound quality between a cd track and mp3 really that noticeable? Maybe I don't have the audio equipment for it to notice. :eh:
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Zoloft » 5th Sep 10, 11:02

It's certainly noticeable to me, depending on how the track is encoded. Borderline is well encoded, but it's also the principal of the thing, I LIKE CDs, I hate downloads.
Zoloft

Postby Assmask » 5th Sep 10, 11:33

Jason_scorching_past wrote:Is the difference in sound quality between a cd track and mp3 really that noticeable? Maybe I don't have the audio equipment for it to notice. :eh:

I think it is very noticeable. If I play a CD on my separates system at a good volume it sounds significantly better than a track at even the highest encoded MP3 (when played via the same hifi system on aux via computer). However - if I play it via WAV the difference is not noticeable.

But compare the difference in file sizes. A WAV file is about 50MB, a 320KPS MP3 would be about 7MB.

If you are playing an MP3 or CD via the average computer speakers (even fairly decent ones) you'll not notice as much difference in quality as you would on a decent quality hifi.

Tell you what tho - I was listening to Handel's Messiah on my grandfather's old separates system, he's got mahoosive great speakers and a turntable. The sound of the horns was appreciably superior to the sound of the horns of the CD version. OK, the CD version was a different recording, so all sorts of variables at play in the recording methods etc, but I definitely feel the is some mileage in the old vinyl vs CD debate.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Piedude » 5th Sep 10, 17:40

Surely the point of real interest here is that the original studio version of Zeen is now out there....
Piedude

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 5th Sep 10, 18:58

Is the live version of Zeen Requiem from the Wolverhampton gig a few years ago still available somewhere? It has a rather neat drum fill at the end, I believe. Only ever heard it at the gig so don't remember.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 5th Sep 10, 19:26

Zoloft wrote:It's certainly noticeable to me, depending on how the track is encoded. Borderline is well encoded, but it's also the principal of the thing, I LIKE CDs, I hate downloads.

Well I always get the cd rather than an itunes download but as this song was free you can't really complain and whilst it's a good song, it isn't their best so I personally am not bothered about it being an mp3. I don't think you can talk about the principle of the thing when you haven't been charged. If it was the only way to buy a whole album then fair enough.

Piedude wrote:Surely the point of real interest here is that the original studio version of Zeen is now out there....

Yes, I'd love to hear that. Any chance Kyukyuichi could share this somewhere with band permission?
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Ean » 5th Sep 10, 19:29

Stuart Brackpool wrote:Is the live version of Zeen Requiem from the Wolverhampton gig a few years ago still available somewhere? It has a rather neat drum fill at the end, I believe. Only ever heard it at the gig so don't remember.

Yep.

viewtopic.php?p=38523#p38523
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat