PHUQ & Endless Nameless re-released?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: PHUQ & Endless Nameless re-released?

Postby Hiroki » 27th Jul 11, 17:04

Just getting around to ripping these for my iPod (eventually) and i'm just wondering but the first 4 songs on the second disc of the new Earth Vs release are the DBHJW version and not the mondo versions, right?

Edit:- Nevermind they have used the DBHJW versions and turned the volume up by the sounds of it :(
I Love B-Sides
Hiroki

Postby DeanSoDisco » 9th Jan 12, 19:17

Hey everyone, first time poster but long time Wildhearts fan, albeit likely less long term than most of you fellows on here hence the upcoming question...

Right, I bought the PHUQ reissue from a local place to fill in a bunch of my b-side holes in (Mindslide/Friend for Five Minutes/SIN) and didn't want to have crappy rips from Youtube or have to spend 48 hours digging up mediafire links or whatever. However on listening to the MP3s ripped from the disk for Mindslide/Friend for Five Minutes/SIN (In Sin) they aren't the b-sides at all. They are a mangled (as in; track times for the original songs, but they contain) Underkill, Bad Time To Be Having A Bad Time, and 60 seconds of Sky Chaser High which further reinforces the fact it's an uber mistake.

I have checked that it wasn't some absurd occurence, and the same issue is on the phycial CD too. I hope this isn't a recording mistake that affects all of the PHUQ reissues, but having tried to google these issues nothing has come up over it affecting anyone else.

Anyway, if anyone has any information about this mistake or could help out with sending me a few MP3s of aforementioned tracks I'd be incredibly thankful. Given how much of a fan I am I'm certainly not bitter about it, just a little dissapointed.

Cheers all.
DeanSoDisco

Postby DeanSoDisco » 9th Jan 12, 22:37

Emailed Cherry Red/Lemon Recordings over the issue, and hoping for a reply just to convince me they make note of it haha.

Massive thanks to Siddas for the help/PMs as well. I'm not used to forums being so helpful!
DeanSoDisco

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat