PHUQ & Endless Nameless re-released?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: PHUQ & Endless Nameless re-released?

Postby Hiroki » 20th Oct 10, 17:19

Does anyone know if they have been remastered yet?
Hiroki

Postby piesJoy » 20th Oct 10, 18:10

The thought of remastering 'Endless Nameless' seems a bit ....odd'.
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby DangerousBeans » 21st Oct 10, 10:55

I got Endless Nameless in the other day.

Certainly hasn't been altered sound wise.
I had initially thought it was a bit louder but after a quick experiment with my beautiful assistant Nurse Maximum there it doesn't seem to be.

However i am using a cheap shitey £20 Asda cd player at the moment so any scientific basis is rendered null and void.

Forgot how chaotic the version of Lost Highway was.
Seems such a shame but it kept us entertained

Darren Brodie
DangerousBeans

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 21st Oct 10, 11:38

According to Amazon they are meant to be Digitally Remastered, however when they first went up on the site I am sure that wasn't in the item description.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby sixfthick » 3rd Nov 10, 09:08

Just got the Earth Vs, FFL and EN reissues today (order got messed up; no PHUQ yet). Not sure if any remastering has been done, but might do a bit of testing later. They all are pretty solid releases with decent artwork and good liner notes. However, no slipcases with any even though the website (http://www.cherryred.co.uk/lemon/artists/wildhearts.php) mentions them. Anyone else get a slipcase with any of the reissues?
sixfthick

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 3rd Nov 10, 14:05

Looks like Amazon no longer says they are digitally remastered, wonder if someone was trying to mislead potential buyers there, which would be quite stupid.

I can't imagine this label is going to spend money on remastering these cds when they probably aren't going to generate that many sales anyway. Then again I don't know how much it costs to remaster albums. If they were remastered it would be a selling point and plastered all over them.

Shame we couldn't have got something a bit more special to make it worth forking out for.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby sixfthick » 4th Nov 10, 22:04

Jason_scorching_past wrote:Looks like Amazon no longer says they are digitally remastered, wonder if someone was trying to mislead potential buyers there, which would be quite stupid.

I can't imagine this label is going to spend money on remastering these cds when they probably aren't going to generate that many sales anyway. Then again I don't know how much it costs to remaster albums. If they were remastered it would be a selling point and plastered all over them.

Shame we couldn't have got something a bit more special to make it worth forking out for.

No.. they aren't remastered, but at least they went to the trouble of including an extra disc of b-sides with every one. They could have just as easily included a couple of b-sides tacked onto a single disc. I'm pretty happy with the reissues, especially as I don't have most of the singles.

Also.. received an email from Matt at Cherry Red who confirmed that they didn't end up making them with slipcases. No big loss..
sixfthick

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 4th Nov 10, 22:35

Oh yeah, if you don't have the singles these are great releases.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby scully » 5th Nov 10, 00:28

sixfthick wrote:No.. they aren't remastered, but at least they went to the trouble of including an extra disc of b-sides with every one. They could have just as easily included a couple of b-sides tacked onto a single disc. I'm pretty happy with the reissues, especially as I don't have most of the singles.

I'll still buy them eventually. They seem affordable and are nice little bundles.

sixfthick - as in the Brisbane band?
...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully

Postby sixfthick » 5th Nov 10, 06:33

scully wrote:sixfthick - as in the Brisbane band?

Yeah.. although I have nothing to do with the band. Just a fan. I started using the name 'sixfthick' on various forums years ago.
sixfthick

Postby Ean » 14th Nov 10, 23:12

Kerrang! Review
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby markE » 15th Nov 10, 11:21

ha, ha " for fans of Weezer" is on there again.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 15th Nov 10, 21:51

Mmm, i like Weezer but wouldn't say they have that much in common with The WH. they are a bit too soft compared to our heroes.

Nice reviews I guess but to call the bonus disks litle more than distractions is a bit odd considering the quality. I would have dropped 5ks on PHUQ too and EN 4.

I wonder if there are any Kerrang! readers who will pick the albums up on the strength of the review and discover the band for the first time. I envy them ....
Jason_scorching_past

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 16th Nov 10, 12:02

i don't think the weezer comparison is THAT far off... i mean, some of the heavier moments on Pinkerton bear some similarity to parts of PHUQ for example...
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Ean » 26th Nov 10, 00:16

Classic Rock Review
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat