download old material

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

download old material

Postby rick1980 » 19th Jul 10, 16:31

hi
does anyone know where i can download some older wildhearts stuff? theres some old tracks i only have on tape (bullshit goes on, girlfriend clothes, dangerlust, geordie in wonderland etc)

is there a decent site where you can find them

many thanks :D
rick1980

Re: download old material

Postby Ean » 19th Jul 10, 20:06

*Ahem*

http://www.thewildhearts.com/messageboard-rules/#rule1

All those tracks are available on The Works, and there's usually plenty of CD singles up for grabs on eBay.

(Oh, welcome, BTW ;) )
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby rick1980 » 20th Jul 10, 13:39

cheers!

And sorry if i broke any rules lol :)
rick1980

Postby vickyp » 20th Jul 10, 18:43

Hi Rick,

It's ok, I'm sure you meant you were looking for somewhere you could buy downloads, right?
Check out this Amazon link for loads and loads of WH mp3s. All the ones you mention are there, 156 tracks in total!

If you're looking for collectables, try the Trading Corner or Ebay, there's always stuff cropping up.

Welcome to the board. :D
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 21st Jul 10, 11:30

It's not possible to legally download 'Johnny Wash'n'Go' anywhere, is it? Or do the rules not apply because it's a demo? Is it a demo? I did have it (before the rules came into force) but the file was corrupted somehow and I've not managed to find it anywhere since. Any (legal) help would be appreciated.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby wildsam6o » 21st Jul 10, 22:16

same here, my johnny wash n go was on my old computer, and ive not been able to find it since
wildsam6o

Postby Ean » 23rd Jul 10, 01:24

Stuart Brackpool wrote:It's not possible to legally download 'Johnny Wash'n'Go' anywhere, is it? Or do the rules not apply because it's a demo? Is it a demo? I did have it (before the rules came into force) but the file was corrupted somehow and I've not managed to find it anywhere since. Any (legal) help would be appreciated.

Johnny Wash'nGo isn't a demo since it appears on the double vinyl version of Fishing For Luckies.

It's not possible to download it legally, but that's something you'd have to take up with Warner.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby rick1980 » 23rd Jul 10, 15:40

Thanks Vicky, v helpful!

and yes of course i meant to say where can i legally purchase such items :D

Thanks again
rick1980

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 24th Jul 10, 10:49

Ean wrote:
Stuart Brackpool wrote:It's not possible to legally download 'Johnny Wash'n'Go' anywhere, is it? Or do the rules not apply because it's a demo? Is it a demo? I did have it (before the rules came into force) but the file was corrupted somehow and I've not managed to find it anywhere since. Any (legal) help would be appreciated.

Johnny Wash'nGo isn't a demo since it appears on the double vinyl version of Fishing For Luckies.

It's not possible to download it legally, but that's something you'd have to take up with Warner.

That's a bit of a pain. Thought it may have been a demo tagged on to the end of that release as an extra track.

Can't imagine Warner will quake with fear and acquiesce to my request without hesitation, and a 5 year battle in the High Court seems excessive...

Arse.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby blackdeathcrew » 24th Jul 10, 11:37

It's on the Angel Biscuits bootlegs. Check the post here for contact details to get a copy
http://www.thewildhearts.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4760&hilit=angel+biscuits

or the website with details of it here
http://lunarjackalsop.50megs.com/whats_new.html
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 27th Jul 10, 19:43

I've known about Angel Biscuits for years; why do I not have it in my life?! Just sent an email, hope to get a response soon.

Thanks for the tip, blackdeathcrew, much appreciated.
Stuart Brackpool

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat