The Wildhearts. Should I/We be worried?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

The Wildhearts. Should I/We be worried?

Postby Andy » 15th Jun 10, 17:34

Been reading Ginger's posts on Twitter and at moment hes saying no WH activity for a while if ever. I mean I wish Ginger all the best with his new projects and I will fully support them but I couldn't bear it if WH didn't come back one day.
Andy

Re: The Wildhearts. Should I/We be worried?

Postby benwalton » 15th Jun 10, 21:44

the wildhearts will be back in good time...we just had 3 albums in 3 years dude!
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby markE » 16th Jun 10, 10:12

Andy wrote:Been reading Ginger's posts on Twitter and at moment hes saying no WH activity for a while if ever. I mean I wish Ginger all the best with his new projects and I will fully support them but I couldn't bear it if WH didn't come back one day.

yeah, i that. he also said that the "hiatus" could be longer than a year before that :cry:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Andy » 16th Jun 10, 17:52

Slight Vanilla Radio lyric change.

''Where's my Wildhearts, where's my Wildhearts?''
Andy

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 17th Jun 10, 20:14

Ginger always comes back to the Wildhearts sooner or later - even after really bad shit going down with the band. So with things actually going well for them over the last couple of years, why wouldn't he? Just give it time...
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby nadgers » 18th Jun 10, 00:53

One of these days there's gonna be no more Wildies; it's gotta happen eventually, as upsetting as that may be to all of us. From recent reports it seems Ginger's really happy with things and it wouldn't suprise me if he very soon wants to sever the ties he has with his less happy past. He's always said once a song's written it's just memory to him and if he feels that now he's got a new approach to life he wants to move on in any major way it's surely eventually gonna mean new band not Wildhearts. I sometimes wonder if even the word Wildhearts brings back memories to him he wants to now get away from.

From Wildies history we know line-ups change a lot, and from Chutzpah we know he wants to move away from the same old stuff we know and love, so if Wildhearts is gone it's just a change in name but the same Ginger quality we expect.

All I hope is that whatever he does next is gonna be as excelent! And I'm damn sure it will be.
nadgers

Postby Hobbo_the_hobo » 26th Jun 10, 16:01

I was really worried when he said that, but id imagine its just that Ginger is too occupied with other projects [Michael Monroe, Guitarmageddon and whatever it is he's recording as we speak] to even think about The Wildhearts at the moment, thus the "if ever" response.
Upcoming gigs:

The Wildhearts 21/12
Pearl Jam 25/6
Hobbo_the_hobo

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat