Speaking of Wildhearts Books...

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Speaking of Wildhearts Books...

Postby VladDracii » 10th Jun 10, 09:35

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I haven't seen it myslef...

What on earth is this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wildhearts-Albu ... 700&sr=8-1
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Re: Speaking of Wildhearts Books...

Postby Pudu » 10th Jun 10, 13:37

Strange at only 60 pages. A search on the ISBN number for the book brings up this http://isbndb.com/d/book/the_wildhearts_albums.html

..... which gives next to nothing else away!!!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby JasonH » 16th Jun 10, 18:40

Is that one of those from that dodgy company who just print out wikipedia pages on a subject, bang 'em in a folder, and send them out as a "book"? I was reading about this a few weeks ago, can't find the link though.
JasonH

Postby thegweywabbit » 16th Jun 10, 21:29

Yup. Ordered both booklets "The Wildhearts Songs" (42 pages - and should be titled The Wildhearts Singles) and "The Wildhearts Albums" (52 pages). Received them this morning. Just web info that you can look up any time. Published by Books LLC, Memphis, Tennessee, USA 2010. Should have been a single volume. Completely useless to anyone who follows this board. I was (obviously) hoping for a lot more info on the various albums and songs included. Very incomplete as it doesn't even include everything that's out there (and not a single mention of Ginger's solo catalogue). Surprisingly, no album cover artwork (or pix of any kind). It does cover "Chutzpah" and mentions "Chutzpah Jnr" but doesn't include a trax listing for Jnr other than to say it includes the Japanese "Chutzpah" bonus trax.

What can I say... guess I'm just a sucker.
Hope this helps those who haven't already ordered these.

JasonH wrote:Is that one of those from that dodgy company who just print out wikipedia pages on a subject, bang 'em in a folder, and send them out as a "book"? I was reading about this a few weeks ago, can't find the link though.
Rooting 4 THE WILDHEARTS!!!
jd
thegweywabbit

Postby markE » 17th Jun 10, 10:22

thegweywabbit wrote:Yup. Ordered both booklets "The Wildhearts Songs" (42 pages - and should be titled The Wildhearts Singles) and "The Wildhearts Albums" (52 pages). Received them this morning. Just web info that you can look up any time. Published by Books LLC, Memphis, Tennessee, USA 2010. Should have been a single volume. Completely useless to anyone who follows this board. I was (obviously) hoping for a lot more info on the various albums and songs included. Very incomplete as it doesn't even include everything that's out there (and not a single mention of Ginger's solo catalogue). Surprisingly, no album cover artwork (or pix of any kind). It does cover "Chutzpah" and mentions "Chutzpah Jnr" but doesn't include a trax listing for Jnr other than to say it includes the Japanese "Chutzpah" bonus trax.

What can I say... guess I'm just a sucker.
Hope this helps those who haven't already ordered these.

JasonH wrote:Is that one of those from that dodgy company who just print out wikipedia pages on a subject, bang 'em in a folder, and send them out as a "book"? I was reading about this a few weeks ago, can't find the link though.

to be honest I'm not surprised - a quick look on amazon revealed these as just some of the titles by the same publisher/format

chancellors of the university of birmingham
italian sprinters
surface to air missiles
parks in norway
sexual and gender identity disorders :wtf:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby thegweywabbit » 18th Jun 10, 22:28

should have done more of a check myself. I'm usually more thorough, but when it comes to the Wildhearts I think "buy" first, but will be more careful next time. hope this warning keeps anyone else from wasting their money on these bogus so called "books".

markE wrote:

to be honest I'm not surprised - a quick look on amazon revealed these as just some of the titles by the same publisher/format

chancellors of the university of birmingham
italian sprinters
surface to air missiles
parks in norway
sexual and gender identity disorders :wtf:
Rooting 4 THE WILDHEARTS!!!
jd
thegweywabbit

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat