What's the best WH bootleg?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

What's the best WH bootleg?

Postby Owen » 6th May 10, 10:24

Anybody want to offer opinion on the best bootleg, taking into consideration sound quality and set list (and anything else of importance!)?
Owen

Re: What's the best WH bootleg?

Postby Ady » 6th May 10, 12:06

Probably the green cover cassette one i had years ago, with donnington/reading fest from 94, which of course is 'earth vs' era. Great.

Also not really a bootleg as such but the 'live at the bbc' on i think is great, better than the scarborough one anyhoo.

The 'Angel Biscuits' cd's are pretty cool too.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby blackdeathcrew » 6th May 10, 12:12

I'd have to agree the Angel Bisuits cd's are great
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby markE » 6th May 10, 12:37

for me , bootlegs are best if its of a show i've been to. same with any live recordings/vids.
so for me it would be the cassette i had of northampton roadmenders in '04. my first and quite possibly best wildhearts gig.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Ady » 6th May 10, 13:04

markE wrote:for me , bootlegs are best if its of a show i've been to. same with any live recordings/vids.
so for me it would be the cassette i had of northampton roadmenders in '04. my first and quite possibly best wildhearts gig.

I've got to agree, i went to the pheonix festival in '94 and there was a stall selling tapes half hour after the band had gone off stage, got quite a few but the Therapy? one was probably my favourite that year.

Saying that i WAS at the Scarborough gig and i've only listened to half the CD. DVD is much better.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby 29xthefun » 6th May 10, 13:46

The Donnington 94 as said is for me the best one I have heard. A direct soundboard recording it was a short but great recording of the live set at the time. I think I still have the cassette about as well.
29xthefun

Postby wildsam6o » 7th May 10, 12:59

i did have a recording of wolverhampton (2003/2004) the shows that were with therapy

was amazing, the set was great and the banter between shows was hillarious

my fav bootleg to listen to tho has got to be the manchester gig (2004 i think) where the band knocked out sky babies and ginger is like. hahahahaha you didnt expect that one did you!!
wildsam6o

Postby Siddas » 3rd Nov 10, 18:23

wildsam6o wrote:my fav bootleg to listen to tho has got to be the manchester gig (2004 i think) where the band knocked out sky babies and ginger is like. hahahahaha you didnt expect that one did you!!

Ha ha - I recorded that show. I still have the master mini-discs somewhere if ever anybody decides to have a go at re-mastering them, so they aren't as bass-heavy, then let me know.
Siddas

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat