Ever thought about or regretted selling Wildhearts rarities?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Ever thought about or regretted selling Wildhearts rarities?

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 25th Mar 10, 21:45

I've been considering selling my Moodswings boxset and some other rarities recently, as it just sits on a shelf. I have never played the cds as I only bought it as a collectible, so it fulfills this purpose but it almost seems pointless to have it.

At the same time part of me doesn't want to. :eh:

My question is have you sold your collectible cds before and if so were you in two minds, did you regret it? :doh:
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Re: Ever thought about or regretted selling Wildhearts rarities?

Postby wildsam6o » 25th Mar 10, 22:37

i sold a fair few wildies vinyls not so long ago

regret it now, big style

dont get me wrong i got a good price but.....still, wish i had them back :roll:
wildsam6o

Postby Smithy » 25th Mar 10, 23:50

My advice is that if you're in two minds about selling....don't do it!!!!

At the end of the day, you'll make a few quid from your items, not a great amount, but nice at the time admittedly. BUT the few quid you made will soon be gone and you will then regret that you got rid of that nice Moodswings box set and your vinyls. I've sometimes thought about selling some collectible stuff, not that i need the money, but because i don't play it. I won't sell it though because if i did, i know i will wish i hadn't done!!!!

However it's a different story if the cash is actually needed.....
Smithy

Postby blackdeathcrew » 26th Mar 10, 09:33

I hit a rocky patch a couple of years ago (unwell, out of work) and had to sell virtually all of my rare stuff - did get reasonable prices, and a lot of it went ot people here, but I really wish I'd not had to do so - it was still worth more to me than the prices I got for it all
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby boogaloowatts » 26th Mar 10, 11:22

Never sold any of my Wildhearts stuff but i got rid of huge amounts of super rare stuff when i was younger and in a tight financial spot. Spent the rest of my life trying to re-buy most of it at 10 times the value i sold it for :dur:

All the original Guns N Roses limiteds, picture discs, holster packs, Live Like A Suicide vinyl etc, etc... Feel a bit ill thinking about it.

My advice is that unless you really need the money to either eat, keep the bailiffs away or for a new kidney then don't do it!
boogaloowatts

Postby macc lad » 26th Mar 10, 13:47

What about moving your entire collection to MP3 and getting rid of CD'S, i've been advised to this as the 9 racks of cd's in my front room are an eyesore, but not sure i can part with them.
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Ean » 26th Mar 10, 14:13

macc lad wrote:What about moving your entire collection to MP3 and getting rid of CD'S, i've been advised to this as the 9 racks of cd's in my front room are an eyesore, but not sure i can part with them.

Bloody hell, I wouldn't, unless you've got a good system of backups in place for when your hard drive goes down the shitter? Which it will, eventually.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby macc lad » 26th Mar 10, 19:57

cheers Ean yeah kinda what ive been thinking
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby idiottoast » 27th Mar 10, 15:55

Dont do it.I did it donkeys years ago,with a ton of Alien Sex Fiend records.I put them all on cassette (how old am i l.o.l.),and then sold the lot.I CURSE THAT DAY :grr:
idiottoast

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 27th Mar 10, 21:22

I decided not to in the end, you are all right :clap: , I would no doubt regret it.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Smithy » 27th Mar 10, 21:36

You've made the right decision mate! :-D
Smithy

Postby piesJoy » 28th Mar 10, 18:45

mondo akimbo a g....i can't even say it. :oops:
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 28th Mar 10, 19:31

Cd or Vinyl?
Jason_scorching_past

Postby vickyp » 28th Mar 10, 21:14

Someone gave me their copy of the vinyl. Gave me. Damn fool. Glad they did though! :D
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Sarc » 28th Mar 10, 21:34

I've never sold any but I've lost some rarities which really pissed me off through moving and dishonest housemates like a signed by all who played* on it 1st edition Earth Vs, the white lable of Pump It Up and while not rare all the singles (both covers) aand the un-released fishing for more luckies but I'll not be splurging 50 quid on one of the others that have been listed on ebay.

But this post has got me thinking, I've got about twenty Wildhearts shirts that are hanging in my wardrobe which only three or four of them get worn regularly so I'm sorely tempted to get rid of to fund which will be a five day 30th birthday extravaganza taking in three cities at the end of next month. Those of you looking to expand your wardrobe collection keep your eyes peeled.

*Side note: bit of an eerie coincidence but I had an army satchel type back that all four members (Ginger, Stidi, Cj and Danny) signed to and a few days after Danny got the boot I looked at my bag and his was the only signature that has worn away. I still have the bag now and the other three signatures only look slighty faded and that was signed back in 2001.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat