'Never Mind The Headliners' T-Shirt

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

'Never Mind The Headliners' T-Shirt

Postby Smithy » 27th Feb 10, 12:46

Morning all.

NEVER MIND THE HEADLINERS....HERE'S THE WiLDHEARTS

Does anyone know where i can get one of these T-shirts from, preferably in size small?

Think i am right in saying that they came from the Pistols Finsbury Park gig when the boys supported (around '96 time was it?).

Cheers,Paul. 8-)
Smithy

Re: 'Never Mind The Headliners' T-Shirt

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 27th Feb 10, 13:52

Smithy wrote:Think i am right in saying that they came from the Pistols Finsbury Park gig when the boys supported (around '96 time was it?).
Yes that's right, it was when they supported the Sex Pistols at Finsbury Park. I wish I'd bought a T-shirt on the day now. It was a great day, although I missed some of the bands I wanted to see due to having to drink several tins of cider outside the gate as security wouldn't let me take them in... :evil:

I thought the Wildhearts were the best band of the day - of the bands I actually managed to see. 8-)
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby idiottoast » 27th Feb 10, 14:14

You could try the vinyl junkie website,i`m sure that they have some on there.I remember them being about £26,which is a bit steep for a t shirt especially as i only paid £14 for mine on the day 8-) .
idiottoast

Postby Smithy » 27th Feb 10, 15:32

idiottoast wrote:You could try the vinyl junkie website,i`m sure that they have some on there.I remember them being about £26,which is a bit steep for a t shirt especially as i only paid £14 for mine on the day 8-) .

Could you point me in the right direction with a link please fella? ;)
Smithy

Postby paulron32 » 27th Feb 10, 16:37

Smithy,

Link attached

http://vinyl-junkie.com/label/merchandi ... =20&page=6

Shame all the sizes are for tiny people, I really fancy getting me one of the Warner Bros style shirts but they don't seem to do them in fat boy sizes. Anyone know if they can get XL in this shirt anywhere.

:nope:
Hey Dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?
paulron32

Postby Smithy » 27th Feb 10, 16:55

paulron32....thankyou very much! 8-)
Smithy

Postby JasonH » 28th Feb 10, 15:16

They were also sold at the 1996 Phoenix Festival, as both The Wildhearts & The Pistols were playing. It's where I bought mine from.
JasonH

Postby vickyp » 28th Feb 10, 23:23

I got mine from Phoenix festival too. It's currently in the attic somewhere I think. I remember thinking beforehand that there's no damn way I'd been seen dead wearing yellow. 5 minutes after they went off stage I had one in my hands.

Am a bit upset they've re-issued it, thought that was something collectable to mark the occasion. Ah well.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby beerofthedark » 1st Mar 10, 15:20

Dark Lord of Barnet wrote:
Smithy wrote:Think i am right in saying that they came from the Pistols Finsbury Park gig when the boys supported (around '96 time was it?).
Yes that's right, it was when they supported the Sex Pistols at Finsbury Park. I wish I'd bought a T-shirt on the day now. It was a great day, although I missed some of the bands I wanted to see due to having to drink several tins of cider outside the gate as security wouldn't let me take them in... :evil:

Heh, I was working as a steward at that gig. Not on the main gates though, so I didn't see your cider-downing efforts. That was a good year, stewarding at Finsbury Park for the Pistols and Madstock the next day (iirc), Phoenix festival and Reading. All for very little work and with food and camping laid on. those were the days...
Oi Ean! we need a *gazing wistfully off into the middle distance in a nostalgic reverie* smiley - stat!
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby Cov Danny » 9th Mar 10, 23:48

I have the Finsbury Park T-Shirt ... what a great day :D I also have a green "Nevermind The Scallops" Clam Abuse Tee but managed to get bleach down it somehow :cry:
Cov Danny

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat