2007 tour

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

2007 tour

Postby rico ravenshaw » 14th Feb 10, 09:38

Hi, i'm sorta new here. i have been reading for a while but only joined recently.

I wasn't around much the during 2006/07/08 era so i missed out on the self titled album times. I have the album but haven't listened to it much. Then Chutzpah came out and it fell by the wayside.

My question is, what sort of material did they play on tour? how much new stuff? rare tunes etc?

I have never seen a bootleg of this tour, anywhere, and i know about other eras but this timeframe for me is a complete mystery. Anybody got any stories, or set lists etc?

would be nice to hear.

thanks
rico ravenshaw
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 28th Sep 09, 10:42

Re: 2007 tour

Postby riff-after-riff » 14th Feb 10, 12:07

2007 was the s/t album tour i think? i went to sheffield and it was mostly a classics set and only played i think 2 songs from the new album 'rooting' and 'revolution' and from what i remember not many b-sides. good show as always but came away dissapointed with the lack of new material.
riff-after-riff
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 10:41
Location: Derbyshire

Re: 2007 tour

Postby Ean » 14th Feb 10, 12:14

Check out the Tour Review thread from that time for an idea:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1777
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Re: 2007 tour

Postby rico ravenshaw » 14th Feb 10, 17:34

Ean wrote:Check out the Tour Review thread from that time for an idea:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1777


do you know what? i might just do that. that is an excellent idea. wish i had thought of it....
rico ravenshaw
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 28th Sep 09, 10:42

Re: 2007 tour

Postby Ean » 14th Feb 10, 17:38

rico ravenshaw wrote:
Ean wrote:Check out the Tour Review thread from that time for an idea**:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1777


do you know what? i might just do that. that is an excellent idea. wish i had thought of it....

** Of what they played. ;P
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Re: 2007 tour

Postby richyboy1981 » 16th Feb 10, 20:04

If im correct, they did play a tour that year which featured quite a bit of the new album - Unbroken, Hard Way, Revolution, Rooting, Destroy all Monsters were all played at wolves. It was ace, with urge, nurse and zomboid all played too - i was in heaven. They even did a bit of All American Homeboy Crowd in a medley.

At some of the other dates, Shes All That was also played. Its weird that Sweetest Song has always been criminally ignored by them in the live arena.


Rich
richyboy1981
 
Posts: 86
Joined: 14th Jul 06, 17:35

Re: 2007 tour

Postby Ean » 16th Feb 10, 20:18

Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Re: 2007 tour

Postby rico ravenshaw » 19th Feb 10, 00:51

richyboy1981 wrote:If im correct, they did play a tour that year which featured quite a bit of the new album - Unbroken, Hard Way, Revolution, Rooting, Destroy all Monsters were all played at wolves. It was ace, with urge, nurse and zomboid all played too - i was in heaven. They even did a bit of All American Homeboy Crowd in a medley.

At some of the other dates, Shes All That was also played. Its weird that Sweetest Song has always been criminally ignored by them in the live arena.


Rich


Nice one! I am trying to track down live recordings. I know a few people who are later fans and have quite a lot of stuff. i just never knew what to ask for and didn't want to ask for ALL OF IT. that would be taking the p**s a bit :coat:

if i have any luck i'll see if i can post something. I wouldn't hold my breath though...

Thanks for the info tho. Much appreciated
rico ravenshaw
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 28th Sep 09, 10:42

Re: 2007 tour

Postby Bulb » 19th Feb 10, 05:44

Howdy all

Probably oughta post this in the trading corner, but anyways.......I have a couple of pretty decent quality dvd bootlegs from the '07 era - Koko 29/4/07 and the Astoria xmas gig 21/12/07. Anyone up for a trade? Quite a few other gigs on dvd as well. Drop me a line @ katandtony@netspace.net.au for a full list/setlists if you're keen, or if there's a bit of interest I could just whack 'em all up in the trading corner.
Bulb
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 06:31
Location: Australia


Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron