Shitsville Single: An Appeal

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Shitsville Single: An Appeal

Postby Ean » 3rd Feb 10, 21:59

We've been requested to find a version of the aborted Greetings From Shitsville single cover featuring the Pitta bread/producer's arse interface.

Now, this may be a pointless hunt if none of the original version ever got printed (and chances are if they did, they only got out as promos/test copies), but on the off chance that it did, does anyone have it?

Alternatively, has anyone seen the photo? And if so do you know where a copy can be found?

I'm sure I've seen it recently somewhere on t'internet, but I'm buggered if I can remember where at the moment. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Re: Shitsville Single: An Appeal

Postby benwalton » 3rd Feb 10, 22:38

I have an article cut out of an old kerrang magazine with a title like "inside the wildhearts' photo album' or some nonsense with the picture in there, among a few others. There is a star covering Efemy's arsehole (thankfully).

I could scan it in if you don't get any better offers :D
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Ean » 3rd Feb 10, 23:58

Yeah, that'd be cool, cheers - we'll keep looking, but you could always bung it in the Old Press thread anyway. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby benwalton » 4th Feb 10, 00:02

Not a bad idea. I'll get that sorted tomorrow afternoon. It's got some really cool stuff in there, like the gig flyer they printed off when izzy stradlin booted him off his solo tour.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 5th Feb 10, 00:24

Drop Kerrang! a line - they should have the picture on file.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Ean » 7th Feb 10, 16:45

The original Kerrang! article.

Ean Ü

Ean

Postby SpikyDave » 16th Feb 10, 01:02

Ean wrote:We've been requested to find a version of the aborted Greetings From Shitsville single cover featuring the Pitta bread/producer's arse interface.

Now, this may be a pointless hunt if none of the original version ever got printed (and chances are if they did, they only got out as promos/test copies), but on the off chance that it did, does anyone have it?

Alternatively, has anyone seen the photo? And if so do you know where a copy can be found?

I'm sure I've seen it recently somewhere on t'internet, but I'm buggered if I can remember where at the moment. :?

My bestest mate Steve ('Shteevan', for those who remember 'Ask Ginger' from about 10 years ago & don't have a good enough therapist to have forgotten...), has a copy of "...Shitsville" on 7" shit-brown vinyl which, I think, had the aforementioned artwork on it. I might be wrong. Either way, I could find out... :shrug:
"You say that now... but how are you at canasta?!"
SpikyDave

Postby Ean » 16th Feb 10, 09:52

Yes please mate. :D
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Evrlone » 16th Feb 10, 22:53

I have the shit brown 7" and it doesn't have that artwork on it.
Evrlone

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat