scitzophonic extended intro.

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

scitzophonic extended intro.

Postby piesJoy » 29th Jan 10, 16:24

Ok, it might seem like i have too much time on my hands here, but does anyone else wish all three of the 'Fishing for Luckies' release would include the extended intro to 'Scitzophonic? Either you love it, because of the anticipation factor, or you hate it in a 'is this song ever gonna f**king start???'
The fan club only release is the only one to have the *whole* intro, but which i don't have at the moment.
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Re: scitzophonic extended intro.

Postby Assmask » 29th Jan 10, 16:55

What extended cuntro?

I must have missed that.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby piesJoy » 29th Jan 10, 17:58

Basically the opening cords being played for much longer at the start. I don't own the fan club release, but a mate got me a copy years ago, thats how i know.
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby VladDracii » 29th Jan 10, 18:11

It's just a palm muted open a-string, which goes on for about double, if not more, the legnth.

Yeah I way prefer it. in fact whenever he starts headfuck live I always pray it's gunna go into that song, being the same note.
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Postby Smithy » 30th Jan 10, 00:06

Yeah the original fan club version intro is definitely the better one. Was listening to it earlier on the Moodswings box set before i read this post and i thought, even then, that its nowhere near as good.
Smithy

Postby WiredOut » 30th Jan 10, 12:34

I seem to remember Ginger playing that intro bit for a few bars at my first WH gig (97 Glasgow EN tour) and I thought 'Oh yes! I love me a bit of that thar Schitzophonic!' then he just stopped and laughed. What a cocktease, eh?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 30th Jan 10, 12:36

VladDracii wrote:It's just a palm muted open a-string, which goes on for about double, if not more, the legnth.

Yeah I way prefer it. in fact whenever he starts headfuck live I always pray it's gunna go into that song, being the same note.

It will happen one day. It has to...
Stuart Brackpool

Postby WiredOut » 30th Jan 10, 12:42

Stuart Brackpool wrote:
VladDracii wrote:It's just a palm muted open a-string, which goes on for about double, if not more, the legnth.

It will happen one day. It has to...

Sadly, it seems Ginger finds not playing Schitzophonic hilarious, it's his number one funny thing not to do.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby rico ravenshaw » 31st Jan 10, 20:53

they played schiztophonic when i saw them in wrexham 2005. i nearly shit. i recorded the whole gig on my camera, hung out with the band in the soundcheck etc. Good night
rico ravenshaw

Postby Ross » 1st Feb 10, 13:20

They played Schitzophonic, and Just in Lust at Leicester Uni in 2002/03 (?). Unfortunately because they were so late on, I was so pissed I can barely remember it. That's the last time I got so drunk at a concert as I never want to miss something rare again!
Ross

Postby Andwah » 2nd Feb 10, 20:01

Played it at Middlesbrough 2003 too, started it earlier in the gig with one progression then stopped it. Then played the lot later. Last time i saw Danny play i think?
Andwah

Postby iddsy » 3rd Feb 10, 20:37

thats exactly what i think,and hope!! i think ive even looked at floyd and said yesssss schitzophonic!!! only for headfuck to kick in,which aint a bad thing in the end :hug:
iddsy

Postby CarlOfHellacious! » 14th Apr 10, 09:11

rico ravenshaw wrote:they played schiztophonic when i saw them in wrexham 2005. i nearly shit. i recorded the whole gig on my camera, hung out with the band in the soundcheck etc. Good night

Didn't they play Sky Babies that night too? Or am I thinking of the other Wrexham gig they played? Was drunk on either occasion!
CarlOfHellacious!

Postby seventieslord » 15th Apr 10, 17:10

VladDracii wrote:Yeah I way prefer it. in fact whenever he starts headfuck live I always pray it's gunna go into that song, being the same note.

Oh God, I know exactly how you feel.
seventieslord

Postby richyboy1981 » 19th Apr 10, 15:51

I saw them play it a couple of times - once at JBs with Danny in around 2002/3 (where they also played Zomboid for the first time) -and it fucking ace. They also did it on the 2004 tour with Random - that time ginger did they usual Headfuck intro thing, but for a bit longer, then turned it into schizo. I was a very happy bunny.
richyboy1981

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat