'In search of happiness' programme.

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

'In search of happiness' programme.

Postby piesJoy » 26th Jan 10, 18:52

I'm sure theres a few people who remember this programme (?). It was on the BBC after the 'full roar' era, and followed a wildhearts fan getting to meet the band, at one of their gigs (with old Angus Deyton slagging off their haircuts, no less!). Anyone know if said clip is online anywhere? (Regarding their haircuts, I reckon around this time was when the band looked their coolest).
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Re: 'In search of happiness' programme.

Postby WiredOut » 27th Jan 10, 19:10

Never saw the prog but once had a look at the glossy book which accompanied the series in WH Smith. The tone of the text was rather condescending towards both the fan and the band from what I remember, singling out the title of 'Shut Your Fucking Mouth...' and I think slightly misquoting some lyrics from Everlone (the 'what have I got to do...fuck it' bit), seemingly to make them appear dunderheaded. Because using swear words automatically negates any meaning or context or viewpoint in any form of communication within which the swearing is employed, as we all know. From sneering, dismissive, ignorant, straw-grasping hypocritical cunts.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby vanrad » 28th Jan 10, 11:38

I remember it but never saw it. I reading on it on the old list email digest, probably a year or two after it was aired on BBC. I also remember reading that book in a bookshop.

You see these days you have all these Twitter feeds, Facebook, discussion forums reminding you that they're going to be on and V+, Sky+, iPlayer, YouTube, etc. to catch it if you can't sit there on the time it's being aired.

'When I was a lad'...... you had Kerrang!, Metal Hammer, RAW, Friday Rock Show on Radio1 and you where happy!!!! Now you know every detail, as it happens and it's sometimes wrong and we all demand it (including me) yesterday!

Anyway to get back on topic - it would be great to see that TV programme, though I reckon it's a long shot that somebody might have it.
vanrad

Postby Ross » 28th Jan 10, 13:13

Don't forget Noisy Mothers. If you remembered to set yer video properly and not record the Open University.
Ross

Postby SteveP » 28th Jan 10, 13:32

I hated Noisy Mothers, it was just a watered down version of Raw Power, which, to all intents and purposes was a watered down version of The Power Hour

That Ann Kirk who presented was wooden as fuck, although at least she could read a sentence properly and make it mean what it said, unlike the seriously wooden Nikki Groocock (although she did feature in a few of my teeange fantasies ;) that LBD and the thigh length boots with black tights always did it for me!)
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby boogaloowatts » 28th Jan 10, 13:56

Julia Valet on Superrock....just saying!
boogaloowatts

Postby vanrad » 28th Jan 10, 18:04

Of course forgot about The RAW Power Noisy Mothers Hour. My first ever taste of Wildhearts with 'Nothing Ever Changes But The Shoes'

It was usually on at 3am - ish on Saturday morning. I always set my VHS up for this but the times where frequently incorrect, and it didn't always record. I would frequently arrive back at parents house slightly worse for wear and fall asleep in front of the box with toast or a dodgy late night take-away or loaf of bread! Just as well I taped it - my Saturday hangover ritual was also this as I usually didn't remember what happened when watching it.

Wow great days!!! Showing my age again!
vanrad

Postby Jules » 28th Jan 10, 18:10

Yes, I remember recording The Power Hour religiously every week! Who was the presenter before Nikki? Wasn't she a singer in a band?

And didn't Phil Alexander present the programme for a while?
Jules

Postby DangerousBeans » 28th Jan 10, 18:40

Yup Phil Alexander presented it with Anne.

We also had Krusher for a while as well.

"Droogies,Boozers,Strumpets and Losers..."
Seems such a shame but it kept us entertained

Darren Brodie
DangerousBeans

Postby vanrad » 28th Jan 10, 18:55

Rock Hard Rock heavy Rock Animal! Was that him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vanrad

Postby piesJoy » 28th Jan 10, 19:08

The Power hour was tops! Wasn't it Jackie (graham) something or other? Not sure, but she was in a band called No Shame, 'cos i remember seeing her in Kerrang.
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby Pudu » 28th Jan 10, 22:20

vanrad wrote:Rock Hard Rock heavy Rock Animal! Was that him?

That is indeed Krusher. He was at Hard Rock Hell in December. Not changed a bit!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby blackdeathcrew » 29th Jan 10, 10:04

ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Ross » 29th Jan 10, 11:53

He always had his little dog Bullseye with him. He was like the Metal Paul O'Grady.
Ross

Postby Sarc » 29th Jan 10, 16:55

Speaking of Krusher I'm sure I spotted him at the Jackdaw4 gig last thursday night but I was more bothered by stalking Pete Baikie* of Absolutley fame to check.

*nicest guy ever, seemed surprised he was recognised especially by someone who should have even been allowed to watch the show when it was first one hehe.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat