Wildhearts conincides/subtleties that you love

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wildhearts conincides/subtleties that you love

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 16th Jan 10, 14:49

Looking at the artwork of Endless, Nameless the other day just made me realise how the photos (conincidental or not) summed up the mood of the album perfectly

eg. Ginger walking away from the band on the cover, his cigarette in the inlay being right at the very end and

Also like how the track Chutzpah Jnr is similar to AC Rocket on the post verse screams.

Just got me thinking what little conincidences/nuances had other people spotted on other Wildies records or songs?
Benny Hiroshima

Re: Wildhearts conincides/subtleties that you love

Postby piesJoy » 14th Feb 10, 20:10

on the endless nameless cover....

jeff is out of focus.

rich is standing not walking

rich is missing a hand

danny's strap on his biker jacket /shoulder is undone

Also the end of 'fired up' on the 'lovebank' single goes into the intro to 'lillys garden' at the end, before cutting out, suggesting it would have featured after 'fired up' on the double album that was planned.....
'mix the colours, watch the smoke'.

'I tried to warn you, but your in Clown Town....'
piesJoy

Postby VladDracii » 8th May 10, 02:37

I gotta say, I love the idea of this thread.

But fuck me, there seems to be a lot of head scratching.
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Postby wildsam6o » 9th May 10, 10:52

the endless nameless cover is a mixture of photos that were taken of the band individualy and then put together thats why the covers a little messed up weird (or so i hear)
wildsam6o

Postby Jimmy79 » 9th May 10, 15:47

im pretty sure you can see them together for that shoot in the "Urge" video
plus those more photo of the band from that shoot without effects
the last pic on the Kerrang "Mr self destruct" article for example

but yeah for the cover it does look like they spliced individual pics from that shoot
rather than together
Jimmy79

Postby Jimmy79 » 9th May 10, 15:53

speaking of the urge video
there a magic eye pic during the first chorus
thought it was gonna be something nasty

but no
as far as I can tell its Bambi??
Jimmy79

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 11th May 10, 02:21

Also love the fact that on Endless, Nameless the volume of Junkenstein is quiet and then gets louder. First time I heard that song I turned the volume up straight away. By the time the final chorus kicked in I nearly shat myself.

The video for Sick of Drugs also featured Danny in a room, on his own reading a book. Hmm.. subtle hint at what was to come or just directorial conincidence?

Aaaaand finally: the lightening bolt on the Chutzpah album cover - nice little way of hinting at the band's rebirth. Genius.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby WailedHut » 12th May 10, 12:49

Has anyone noticed how the guitar solo in the middle of People Who Died is remarkably similar to the guitar solo in My Baby is a Headfuck?

Has anyone noticed the re-occuring Zombie themes (Splattermania, Zomboid, Shandy Bang)?
"Don't try rules, cos they do not apply"
WailedHut

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 14th May 10, 20:30

Doesn't really fit in with the thread but I like the way one of the b-sides to Sick of Drugs is - Sky Chaser High.

Speaking of Sick of Drugs at the time it was quite amusing that at the end of the video as Ginger sings "Sick of drugs are we.." you see Danny do a little shake of his head, like "not me"; It has more of a serious undertone to it now unfortunately.
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 17th May 10, 20:20

Always felt that Bad Time also had a come down kinda feel to it. Not that I'm condoning drugs ladies and gents... ha ha.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby nadgers » 27th May 10, 00:22

Here's a coincidence, but not one along the same lines as above:

A few years ago I was driving through Newcastle city centre, and the Steve bloody Wright show started on Radio 2. Obviously, I was gonna have none of that and so started scrambling round in the car looking a Wildies mixtape I'd knocked together for just that kind of emergency. Not much traffic and straightish road so felt safe enough to lean across and have a rummage in the glove box. Found it! In it goes. It's Red Light/Green Light. Nice one. Look back up at road. RED LIGHT! Emergency stop. Who did I come pretty close to running over? Ginger and his kid (Jake?) at a pedestrian crossing!

Now, I felt a bit irresponsible for nearly causing a nasty accident. However, if he hadn't written such excelent music perhaps it'd have never happened! I'd say mainly my fault, but definitely partially his own fault.
nadgers

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Jun 10, 14:08

nadgers wrote:Here's a coincidence, but not one along the same lines as above:

A few years ago I was driving through Newcastle city centre, and the Steve bloody Wright show started on Radio 2. Obviously, I was gonna have none of that and so started scrambling round in the car looking a Wildies mixtape I'd knocked together for just that kind of emergency. Not much traffic and straightish road so felt safe enough to lean across and have a rummage in the glove box. Found it! In it goes. It's Red Light/Green Light. Nice one. Look back up at road. RED LIGHT! Emergency stop. Who did I come pretty close to running over? Ginger and his kid (Jake?) at a pedestrian crossing!

Now, I felt a bit irresponsible for nearly causing a nasty accident. However, if he hadn't written such excelent music perhaps it'd have never happened! I'd say mainly my fault, but definitely partially his own fault.

Bizarre! Didn't Ginger also recently tweet that he was nearly run down by another car blasting out Chutzpah at top volume? With fans like these... ;)

Also (though I dunno if it entirely fits the concept of the thread or not) I was reminded yesterday when hearing Steve Lamacq play Elvis Costello's 'Radio Radio' that the closing chords are almost identical to the closing chords of 29 x The Pain. To these ears anyway.

One more: the 'You saw it, you claimed it, you touched it, you saved it' bit from The Proclaimers' marvellous Sunshine On Leith (a song I'm sure Ginger said somewhere he admired) reminds me very much of the 'You bought it, framed it, claimed and became it' bit from Why You Lie. Has anyone spotted any other secret Proclaimers references in Endless Nameless? Any subtle tributes to 'Letter From America' in Junkenstein or nods to 'On My Way' in Thunderfuck? :wink:
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby markE » 3rd Jun 10, 17:02

nadgers wrote:Here's a coincidence, but not one along the same lines as above:

ha! nice story. ona slightly less impressive note, on the day of gingers b'day gig last year I crashed my car to " some days just fucking suck!"
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby nadgers » 4th Jun 10, 01:28

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8896155800370859336#

Watch this, ignore Chris Moyles stupid face, and decide how much of a blatant rip-off the theme tune is!
nadgers

Postby VladDracii » 6th Jun 10, 14:53

God almighty, that is hilarious.

I think they got away with it because it's a semi-tone higher... :?
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat