Wildhearts conincides/subtleties that you love

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: Wildhearts conincides/subtleties that you love

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 7th Jun 10, 22:58

Bloody hell - that theme tune is Anthem! Maybe Moyles is a secret Wildies fan after all!
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Ady » 9th Jun 10, 11:59

More subtleties than coincidences -

'Goodbye East West, god bless...... The Wildhearts!!'

'Cold Patootie Tango' gets mentioned in 'Channel Bop' (Maybe another nod to the double album that might have been).

The start of EN 'Junkstein' starts off quiet, so you turn up the stereo to be gradually greeted with a louder riff, making the album really loud for the rest of it.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby Ross » 10th Jun 10, 10:53

Actually on EN, each side gets progressively louder. So Pissjoy is the loudest songs, and Thunderfuck ends with a massive crescendo of noise. I think that was planned.
Ross

Postby nadgers » 12th Jun 10, 02:21

Benny Hiroshima wrote:Bloody hell - that theme tune is Anthem! Maybe Moyles is a secret Wildies fan after all!

Apparently he is! Sure I've read it somewhere before that he's a fan. I know he's played the cover of the Cheers theme on his Radio 1 show. Chirs Evans too (and he produced that Moyles programme).
nadgers

Postby WiredOut » 19th Jun 10, 12:08

I heard Moyles play Cheers once, a good while after the first spate of plays he gave it, and at that point he didn't really sound like he knew much about the Wildies at all. I'm sure he and a co-presenter were joking about how the band had probably moved on and were possibly pissed off that Moyles and co kept dredging up this old cover.

He might have learned more since then, though. Not that I like him much anyway. Always feels to me that his talent/obnoxiousness ratio is skewed way off anything that could make me listen for long without grinding sparks from my teeth.

I'd heard that Evans and Simon Mayo were fans though. It's Mayo you see introducing THAT Caffeine Bomb TOTP performance, I think.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat