U Wanna

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

U Wanna

Postby floyd » 15th Jan 10, 00:27

This is a song called 'U Wanna' all i know is it was meant for a b-side, if anyone knows from which sessions this came from, it would be great, or indeed what it was meant to be a b-side for? :eh:

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/1083075/floyd8.rar
I wanna know why there's no white dog shit anymore
floyd

Re: U Wanna

Postby richyboy1981 » 15th Jan 10, 01:12

I love this tune. Its been knocking around for a while. I believe it was recorded during the PHUQ/FFL sessions. Some of the song, especially the awesome middle section and a few of the riffs, ended up in Cant Do Right For Doing Wrong, so i assume it was a demo that was converted into that song. Shame they didnt keep the awesome bouncy intro riff though....
richyboy1981

Postby my3dtvtan » 15th Jan 10, 05:48

I always thought it was an abandond veeeery early version of Inglorius??? Im sure I herd that on here somewhere hmmmm :eh:
Ive had this for years for some reason and I LOVE the song! I have always thought this was a lost Wildhearts classic in this state :)

btw wooooop! my first post on the new board! good work guys an galls its lookin swish! :D
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby Ean » 15th Jan 10, 21:20

my3dtvtan wrote:btw wooooop! my first post on the new board!

You took your time seeing as you were our first human visitor. ;P

Must've been completely abandoned then? I can't hear any inglorious in there. :eh:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby my3dtvtan » 16th Jan 10, 15:43

Ean wrote:
my3dtvtan wrote:btw wooooop! my first post on the new board!

You took your time seeing as you were our first human visitor. ;P

Must've been completely abandoned then? I can't hear any inglorious in there. :eh:

Awesome I was the first human visitor :lol: Yea, I remember getting in from a rather hevy night out and staring at the screen thinkin I was on the wrong page for quite a while haha

As for the Inglorious thing, after listening closely I cant really see much similarity but I got sent the mp3 of U Wanna a looooong time ago by some kind soul on here and the file is named 'U Wanna (Inglorius Very Very Early Version)' so Ive always bin under the impression the two where connected in some way hmmmmm :eh:
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

www.myspace.com/anodesrock
my3dtvtan

Postby Nickinvincible » 19th Jan 10, 23:54

I'm of the same opinion, weirdly I always had it in my head that it was a really early version of Inglorious and was always a bit puzzled as none of it really sounds like Inglorious.

We've been hoodwinked... ;)
Nickinvincible

Postby WiredOut » 27th Jan 10, 19:36

I'm gonna copy and rename my Saddened No Vocals MP3 as U Simply Must (Urge Very Very Early Version) then float it out on the internet and see if it casts up on the shores of some far-distant thread full of 'Huh?!' smilies. Do my bit for the mythos. :)

Of course, this post will self-destruct in 5 seconds...
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat