What's next for the Wildhearts?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

what's next for the wildhearts?

Postby crispian » 26th Dec 09, 14:11

What's next?
Well,like most of us,I think,I'd love to hear another Ginger album next year,as I think the last two are fantastic and can't help thinking another one with a similar line-up would be great......Would be good to see Tim Smith's involvement again too,but I expect it's way too early for that in his recovery.....
Silver Ginger 5-Now THERE'S a great idea...What do we reckon?A new album with a tour to follow?Sure,a brilliant laugh and the gig's would be fantastic,for sure,but I have to say the new material would be enough for me to get excited about.....
So-the Wildhearts then-2009 is a hell of a year for them to follow,I have to say(2 albums worth of new songs,2 amazing tours,loads of great band interaction with the website blogs,etc...)and I'm holding onto something that I read in a Ginger interview from around the time of 'Chutzpah!' coming out-he said something along the lines of,"I can't wait to get BACK into the studio with this line-up,even before this album has come out...."-SO,let's hope for more material in whatever form it becomes available,eh?
Hope you all had a good christmas,or if it's not your thing,at least it's mostly over till next year,eh!!!!!! :roll:
crispian

Postby Andy » 27th Dec 09, 00:50

Sarc wrote:
Andy wrote: Mostly Autumn fans did/do something like that for their albums.

Useless pop trivia fact fans, their keyboard player was my tutor at college when I went to Hull.

Would that be Iain Jennings. I believe he left MA to go solo and work with the band Breathing Space. (I think)
Andy

Postby nuno75 » 27th Dec 09, 01:23

Keith Richard wrote:
nuno75 wrote:Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have a feeling it'll be downhill from here.

Why? The Chutzpah sessions have opened several doors, and clearly the band are tight and on the starting blocks.

I've found that great moments like Chutzpah come in fast and short spurts... kind of like a kid under an apple tree jumping for that one special apple. He tries and tries and gets nowhere near it... but then one day he works up his motivation, puts everything he has into it, and finally grabs it. Then he eats it and sees the next one he wants to go for and has to start over at the beginning.

Maybe if we would've seen a big single release, with a nice flashy video that caught a lot of people's attention... but we didn't. And I'm assuming that now that we've got Jnr., we likely won't. They got a lot of of good reviews, and (I assume) a reasonably successful tour... but as far as getting their name out there, I can't help but feel like Chutzpah! has been a lot of energy and money put toward achieving a goal (mainstream commercial success?) that was ultimately far from achieved. The last album had a single, two videos, a tour that included the US... and it didn't even have any of the "backing" that Chutzpah! had... as in high-end production, new management, etc...

It just seems like they were shooting for something specific here, and so far I can't really see that they've hit anything that haven't been consistently hitting all along anyway. But it's not for lack of quality though... it's more like of trying, or something.
nuno75

Postby Sarc » 27th Dec 09, 01:24

Andy wrote:
Sarc wrote:
Andy wrote: Mostly Autumn fans did/do something like that for their albums.

Useless pop trivia fact fans, their keyboard player was my tutor at college when I went to Hull.

Would that be Iain Jennings. I believe he left MA to go solo and work with the band Breathing Space. (I think)

Thats the fella, he also went under the nam Big Hat at college to due to an unfortunate incident involving a governors show and a tourrettes sufferer.
Last edited by Sarc on 30th Dec 09, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Damian » 30th Dec 09, 17:22

I reckon they'll all have sex changes then form a disco band.
Damian

Postby Mattie » 30th Dec 09, 18:47

Fine by me if in doing so they create an album of tracks like Under the Waves.
We know from Stop Us that Ginger likes singing 'like a girl'

The only problem I see is a legal one coming from the spice girls
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby vickyp » 1st Jan 10, 18:03

Damian wrote:I reckon they'll all have sex changes then form a disco band.

I'd really like to see that. as long as they still do a WH xmess tour as well.
I love 'Under the waves' would be interesting to see them do more stuff in that direction.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby WiredOut » 2nd Jan 10, 16:21

Damian wrote:I reckon they'll all have sex changes then form a disco band.

The thought of how hot CJ would be if he was a chick has smoke rising from my groin as we speak. I've got an erection like a jumbo jet taking off. It's like I have an airport in my pants. I'm like Heathrow down there. :)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Sarc » 2nd Jan 10, 16:43

After reading the above post there is absolutley no possibly fucking way that you lot can EVER call me wierd again.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat