What's next for the Wildhearts?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

What's next for the Wildhearts?

Postby Arm Squirrel » 23rd Dec 09, 23:03

I have to say 2009 has been a great year for band and fans a like. How on earth can they top this year, next year? The Chutzpah! tour was amazing I saw them three times on it and never got bored of hearing the whole album. I would like every year to be like this one; The Wildhearts record a new album in the spring. Ginger plays some solo dates in the UK and the US. The Wildhearts then release their new album late summer early autumn then tour playing the whole of it with a best off set. Ginger host his annual Birthday bash swiftly followed by a Wildhearts Christmas tour.
Am I right or am I right?
Arm Squirrel

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 23rd Dec 09, 23:46

I think you might be right mate!
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Col » 24th Dec 09, 00:03

More of the same please
Col

Postby benwalton » 24th Dec 09, 00:13

I'd say let Chutzpah settle for a little bit, have a Ginger solo album, a new CJ and the satellites album, more Sorry and the Sinatras and maybe Grand Theft Audio doing a tour.

Then The Wildhearts do a more extensive UK Christmas tour + Ginger Birthday Bash, and then new album out by May 2011 in time for all the festivals and a full tour in August/September, Followed By Birthday Bash + Christmas Tour.

Then let that album settle for a little bit.... :lol:
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 24th Dec 09, 03:30

what the fuck's with all this "let the album settle for a bit" business?! back in the 80s, you couldn't move for bands releasing albums yearly, or sometimes even more often than that!

hell, a lot of the bands mentioned in "29 times the pain" were hitting you with albums on that regular a basis back then, why can't bands do it now?!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Damian » 24th Dec 09, 09:27

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:what the fuck's with all this "let the album settle for a bit" business?! back in the 80s, you couldn't move for bands releasing albums yearly, or sometimes even more often than that!

Aye. And the Beatles used to knock out two albums a year in the early 60s. If you've got music, put it out. I love prolific songwriters.

That said, I suspect the next Ginger-related release won't be a Wildhearts album anyway, what with all the new solo stuff doing the rounds...
Damian

Postby Tazbert » 24th Dec 09, 10:04

All depends on Ginger I s'pose. Fairly sure I heard he was struggling to get funding together for more solo stuff, so I guess that could have an impact on what he\Wildhearts do in 2010.
Lovin' every dog on the Lower East side
Tazbert

Postby nuno75 » 24th Dec 09, 15:50

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have a feeling it'll be downhill from here.
nuno75

Postby Jimmy79 » 24th Dec 09, 16:06

I dont think we'll be seeing the wildhearts 2010

I'm really wanting a new Ginger solo album....or two
how do you top Market harbour??? I'm sure he'll find a way

and SILVER GINGER 5!!!! pleeeeeeease!
Jimmy79

Postby floyd » 24th Dec 09, 16:20

A PHUQ anniversary gig, a solo album and a birthday show all seem to be planned for this year according to the q&a's we had with ginger on twitter recently. And i am hoping for a wildhearts tour and a xmas show. And we are all hoping for a new wildhearts album too, but that would seem pretty unlikely really.
floyd

Postby benwalton » 25th Dec 09, 00:51

According to the Christmas stuff, We'll be seeing some sort of Wildhearts tour next year at least.

Also, i e-mailed Ginger for a coursework project a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a project like Idlewild's post electric blues album where the fans invest for an album to be recorded and then receive bonuses etc. plus their name in the artwork when it gets released. He seemed fairly positive about that idea...I guess we'll have to wait and see.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Andy » 25th Dec 09, 17:33

benwalton wrote:According to the Christmas stuff, We'll be seeing some sort of Wildhearts tour next year at least.

Also, i e-mailed Ginger for a coursework project a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a project like Idlewild's post electric blues album where the fans invest for an album to be recorded and then receive bonuses etc. plus their name in the artwork when it gets released. He seemed fairly positive about that idea...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Marillion and Mostly Autumn fans did/do something like that for their albums.
Andy

Postby Damian » 25th Dec 09, 19:59

nuno75 wrote:Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have a feeling it'll be downhill from here.

Always assume the best and only contemplate the worst if it happens, which it won't.
Damian

Postby Keith Richard » 26th Dec 09, 01:43

nuno75 wrote:Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I have a feeling it'll be downhill from here.

Why? The Chutzpah sessions have opened several doors, and clearly the band are tight and on the starting blocks.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Sarc » 26th Dec 09, 13:30

Andy wrote: Mostly Autumn fans did/do something like that for their albums.

Useless pop trivia fact fans, their keyboard player was my tutor at college when I went to Hull.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat