Any chance of chart rigging for PHUQ's anniversary?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Andy » 23rd Dec 09, 00:26

vickyp wrote:
vanrad wrote:Sarc.... I do see you as 2nd in command.... sort of the comedy part of the double act!!

Ha ha ha! :lol: Sarc is the board jester.

Sarc wrote:I'm the mod no-one likes to acknowledge or if they do it usually revolves round a slagging off.

Shut it droopy gums! :wink:

Er, yeah, getting back on topic - fair point about the timing being important. Also it seems fairly clear this would have to be a track which was already released as a single. Makes sense to me to choose one that already has a bloody good video, so howabout 'I wanna go'?

Yep if we going for a golden oldie then its IWGWTPG for me.
Andy

Postby Ady » 23rd Dec 09, 14:27

I reckon Nita Nitro as it's catchier (in my opinion) and it has no swearing in (as far as i know), unlike i wanna go..... only downside is no video. Could use the Scarborough footage lol.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby Sarc » 23rd Dec 09, 14:40

But it was never a single so therefore not eligable. it wouldnt even get within sniffing distance of the charts.
Last edited by Sarc on 23rd Dec 09, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Ady » 23rd Dec 09, 14:41

Sarc wrote:But it was never a single so therefore not eligable. it wouldnt even get within sniffing distance of the charts.

Dammit. Ah well.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 23rd Dec 09, 16:51

An earlier post says that rule no longer applies so it can be any song from PHUQ. -

Official UK Charts Company (OCC) director Steve Redmond said, "January 1 2006 marks a dramatic development in the history of the Official UK Charts. For the past 54 years a single was a track selected by a record company to be pressed on plastic and distributed to stores on a particular date. From now on a single can be any track currently available as a download - even an album track or a golden oldie - as well of course as the established physical formats of CD, DVD, seven and 12 inch vinyl". .
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 23rd Dec 09, 18:52

...I reckon V-Day would be a good choice.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 23rd Dec 09, 21:38

I love Caprice, but if it is a song off phuq it has to be I Wanna Go. There's a radio edit of it, a good video which bleeps out the c-word. I Wanna Go is gonna be the best chance of any song making the top 10.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby caffeinebomb » 23rd Dec 09, 23:09

Personally I think we should go for 29x the pain, despite it not being on phuq.

Whatever we use will end up being a shop window for the Wildhearts, and I don't think there's a better audio shop window than 29x.

We will need to get organised and coordinate around other campaigns though
caffeinebomb

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 23rd Dec 09, 23:22

The only danger with 29 x the pain though is that people don't buy the wrong version, I guess the same could occur with the "radio edit" of I wanna Go.. although is that actually available as a download and would it be considered a different song to the album version?
Jason_scorching_past

Postby caffeinebomb » 23rd Dec 09, 23:41

The clean, explicit and live versions of Killing in the Name all counted toward to Christmas Number 1, so I suspect the same would follow.

I've always thought that if they'd put out 29x on its own as an EP after phuq had finished up, and then put together the sort of run of professional, slick live shows like they have for the past 5 years they would be one of the biggest bands in the world. The talent has always been there, and since they've learnt to ignore the self destruct key they've had the consistency to capitalise, but lacked the backing.

Remember the Chris Moyles run they had a few years ago with cheers? They've obviously got fans in high places.
caffeinebomb

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 24th Dec 09, 00:52

Ah that's ok then. I Wanna Go would be a good choice then. Got to be careful with the multiple buying, check this news story -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4802804.stm

Granted it says hundreds of sales per person but I can't see there are enough Wildhearts fans willing to do this and make a dent on the charts without each buying a large number of copies.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Ean » 24th Dec 09, 20:35

caffeinebomb wrote:Personally I think we should go for 29x the pain, despite it not being on phuq.

Whatever we use will end up being a shop window for the Wildhearts, and I don't think there's a better audio shop window than 29x.

We will need to get organised and coordinate around other campaigns though

Not wanting to piss on anyone's chips (again ;)), but if we're planning on doing this, suggestions really need to be limited to songs that are actually available for download.

The only version of 29 x The Pain currently available is the shit live version from Geordie In Wonderland, which a) does the band no favours soundwise, and b) Ginger hates, so is unlikely to support anyway.

And banking on Warner's back catalogue encoding policy to come good in time (or indeed ever) is most probably an exercise in fruitlessness.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby caffeinebomb » 26th Dec 09, 15:19

You carry on Ean. I prefer piss to vinegar anyway :D

Yeah... what he said. I'd love it to be 29x because I've always wondered what would happen if that got released, but if we can't get a decent download then it'll have to be something else then eh?

Happy Christmas.
caffeinebomb

Postby Sarc » 26th Dec 09, 15:36

Ean wrote:Not wanting to piss on anyone's chips (again ;)).

And that is why you're not allowed to come to my house ever again.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby Kyukyuichi » 27th Dec 09, 17:42

Hello

Is it impossible for wealthy Back Stage Alliance to buy the rights of WH songs from Warner Chappell Music back?

If they can,we'll be able to listen the original version of PHUQ as double album inc "Fired up - In Lillys Garden medley(?)" complete version etc? I really need 15aniv special edition album not an one off live show.....

Off course,this CD will be available at the venue only! :wink:
Kyukyuichi

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat