Any chance of chart rigging for PHUQ's anniversary?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Any chance of chart rigging for PHUQ's anniversary?

Postby inglorious01 » 21st Dec 09, 09:27

Having been inspired by RATM getting the christmas number 1 spot thanks to an internet campaign, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to do something similar for a track off PHUQ, since it is it's 15th anniversary in 2010?

Maybe we could aim to get something like Nita Nitro in the top 10. Not sure how many singles sales you need to get a top 10 compared to how many of us there are on here/facebook/myspace etc...

I think there was talk about doing something similar for Earth Versus, but we never had time to plan it all properly.....
inglorious01

Postby Radish » 21st Dec 09, 10:45

Well Killing... sold something like 500,000 copies/downloads to get the xmas number 1, so I'd say that target may be pushing it a bit. No idea how many you'd need to sell normally to make the chart though, might be worth a try.
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Postby Jules » 21st Dec 09, 12:00

John Otway fans co-ordinated a top 10 hit for him a couple of years back (I think it was for his 50th birthday). So it can be done, even for an artist with a cult following. I think the Christmas one could be pushing it a bit though.

Just googled "John Otway Hit" and came up with this:

http://www.johnotway.com/biog.html
Jules

Postby Sarc » 21st Dec 09, 13:11

I dont think the numbers that need to be sold are that high usually, it was just like that this year to ensure Cockmunch C****l wouldnt reign supreme again for the fourth year on the trot.
If i recall correctly there was a group in the last year or so (Florence and the Machine I think) who managed to get to the top of the charts with only about 8000 copies. Infact it might have even been less than that. So I'd say its entirley possible if not for a number one but in time for Big G's next birthday or something like that.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby floyd » 21st Dec 09, 13:20

Think it would be a great idea, put me down for 10 mp3 downloads, if we all did the same sure we could manage a top 10.
Last edited by floyd on 21st Dec 09, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
floyd

Postby Ean » 21st Dec 09, 13:39

Doesn't work like that. Multiple downloads from the same store to the same buyer only count as one sale.

Killjoy was 'ere. :P
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby floyd » 21st Dec 09, 13:48

Ah bollox that makes it more difficult then!
For someone who's never brought a mp3 download, how many places can you buy a mp3 download from?
floyd

Postby Andy » 21st Dec 09, 13:49

Never mind waiting til next Christmas, lets get a classic (or current) Wildhearts song in the top 10 in the New Year.
Andy

Postby Ean » 21st Dec 09, 14:01

floyd wrote:Ah bollox that makes it more difficult then!
For someone who's never brought a mp3 download, how many places can you buy a mp3 download from?

There are loads of places, whether they are all chart return stores is a different matter. Plus most places simply don't have PHUQ, so essentially you're probably down to iTunes and Amazon.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby floyd » 21st Dec 09, 14:07

hmmmmmmm you are a KILLJOY! :evil:
floyd

Postby Jules » 21st Dec 09, 15:11

Play.com have PHUQ downloads available:

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html

I've always found them quite good - if you have a problem with your download you can go and redownload later.
Jules

Postby Benny Hiroshima » 21st Dec 09, 15:16

the 15th anniversary for phuq would be a great idea. The best option would be to get i wanna go into the charts as it has a video. Reckon sales of 30 to 50k should secure a top ten place. Count me in.

Personally speaking though i'd prefer we try and get the jackson whites on a campaign thingy. Bound to be a uk tour next year so could coincide with that.
Benny Hiroshima

Postby Ean » 21st Dec 09, 15:18

I figured there'd be a few more. HMV have it too... Well, most of it.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/digitalProductDet ... Id=4338501

:?
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby floyd » 21st Dec 09, 15:25

i have no understanding of how the charts and record sales work. So if say there were 10,000 downloads of say V-Day, without it being released as a single by the band, would that then make it chart? :?
floyd

Postby idiottoast » 21st Dec 09, 15:34

What`s going on there then ??? How can they sell an album missing three tracks off of it.
idiottoast

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat