That Chutzpah! Japanese TV Documentry?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

That Chutzpah! Japanese TV Documentry?

Postby Jimmy79 » 20th Dec 09, 12:44

noticed someone posted info on getting this the other day and it was swiftly removed,
just wondering why?
is there plans to release this?
Jimmy79

Postby Ean » 20th Dec 09, 15:10

Just checking it out for potential legal problems.

What with TV companies being well known for their laid back stance on copyright infringement and all. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Chris Norway » 26th Dec 09, 14:35

Ah. So this might be the DVD I´ve got for christmas then!?
A friend of mine sent me a complete proshot show from Japan Chutzpah tour, with some interviews etc on it. Wondering if this will be officially released someday?

Chris
Chris Norway

Postby rockcity1971 » 26th Dec 09, 17:29

Chris Norway wrote:Ah. So this might be the DVD I´ve got for christmas then!?
A friend of mine sent me a complete proshot show from Japan Chutzpah tour, with some interviews etc on it. Wondering if this will be officially released someday?

Chris

Please post it!!!!! That would be awesome!
rockcity1971

Postby floyd » 26th Dec 09, 19:08

rockcity1971 wrote:
Chris Norway wrote:Ah. So this might be the DVD I´ve got for christmas then!?

Chris

Please post it!!!!! That would be awesome!

My thoughts exactly, you can't say that and not post it, thats just teasing! :evil:
floyd

Postby Chris Norway » 26th Dec 09, 23:58

1 - I dont know if it would be fair to the band, or legal to post links to it on this board, if this is something they´re working on getting released official.

2 - I´ve never uploaded a complete dvd before, and dont know how to do it. But, I guess I could make an avi-file out of it and upload it somewhere?! If it´s cool for the band and the mods.

Anyway, I´ve got e-mailed this txt-file about the dvd:

Wildhearts 2009 10-06 Liquid Room, Tokyo - ProShot NTSC DVD

Set List/Chapters:

Intro
The Jackson Whites
tour footage 01
Plastic Jebus
interview 01
The Only One
John Of Violence
tour footage 02
You Are Proof That Not All Women Are Insane
tour footage 03
Tim Smith
Low Energy Vortex
interview 02
You Took The Sunshine From New York
interview 03
Sick of Drugs
Suckerpunch
interview 04
My Baby Is A Headfuck
Caffeine Bomb
I Wanna Go Where the People Go
interview 05
Chutzpah
Chris Norway

Postby floyd » 27th Dec 09, 00:03

Fair points, over to the mods i guess, though i doubt very much this will ever see a official release in the UK or Europe. :(
floyd

Postby Sir Euan » 27th Dec 09, 01:21

I'm sure people will be able to find this out there anyways with the likes of google. The Wildhearts are not that an obscure band, and people will have shared the tokyo show documentary dvd I'm sure.
Sir Euan

Postby shat noir » 27th Dec 09, 06:35

i grabbed it when it was posted here.. nice vid with interesting interview snippets but the sound quality of the live stuff is a bit ropey imo. and it's in ntsc but still makes a nice dvd to play in the ps3
Gee mister you got the best answering machine message I ever heard
shat noir

Postby Jimmy79 » 27th Dec 09, 11:43

Sir Euan wrote:I'm sure people will be able to find this out there anyways with the likes of google. The Wildhearts are not that an obscure band, and people will have shared the tokyo show documentary dvd I'm sure.

hahaha :wink:
Jimmy79

Postby Sarc » 27th Dec 09, 13:04

I'll own up, I bagged it to and watched it the other day and the bit that shows just how fucked up my sense of humour really is was the bit with Ginger drawing on the ceiling of the club, Dick, Jane and Cobain indeed. :twisted:
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby floyd » 27th Dec 09, 19:48

had a watch of this today, the interview bits were amusing enough, the video of the gigs were pretty good but the sound did nothing for The Wildhearts live experience,sure this will never get a official release and good job too!
floyd

Postby Ean » 28th Dec 09, 18:19

Chris Norway wrote:1 - I dont know if it would be fair to the band, or legal to post links to it on this board, if this is something they´re working on getting released official.

This isn't (AFAIK) something that's being mooted for official release, however since the copyright is owned by whichever Japanese TV company made the original film, we can't allow links to external sites who might be offering it (or offers/requests to burn DVDs), as it breaches the filesharing rules.

2 - If it´s cool for the band and the mods.

Unfortunately, what we mods think is neither here nor there. Neither, sadly, is permission the band's to grant, as whilst they appear in it, they don't own it or have control over how the footage is used.

That said, I'm sure there are enough clues in here for anybody who wants it to track it down.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Col » 29th Dec 09, 14:06

what is a md5 file?
Col

Postby Ean » 31st Dec 09, 23:37

Col wrote:what is a md5 file?

In the software world, it's a small file that contains a piece of data (a checksum, if for some reason you're having trouble sleeping), created from the original file that you want to transmit, that allows the recipient to check for accidental errors during transmission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5#Applications

Too boring; didn't read?

Not important as long as the video plays OK. :wink:
Ean Ü

Ean

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat