Wildhearts Xmas song

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wildhearts Xmas song

Postby Nickinvincible » 16th Dec 09, 22:06

I was pondering whether WH would ever do an Xmas song, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't. They seem to like doing Xmassy stuff, what with the Xmas gigs, they've done live covers (or indeed 'Fuck Christmas' from last year), the Xmess t-shirts, I always sort of thought they'd do an xmas song one day.

They wouldn't even need to do it as a single, could just release it as a download or whatever and play it at the Xmas gigs. I dunno, the amound of songs Ginger writes, I'm just amazed he's never really written an xmassy one.

I seem tor recall him talking in RAW magazine back in the day about getting an Action Man for Xmas when he was 10 or something - there you go, write about that! If you can write 'Energetic O' about having a wank, you can write a Christmas song :lol:
Nickinvincible

Postby WiredOut » 16th Dec 09, 22:20

I also recently thought about this, a Ginger Christmas album would be a thing of chiming beauty indeed. I mean if he can write World of Filth, an entire album about....well, whatever in the hell that was about, he can surely give us a classic self-written Christmas album.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Holiday's a song about taking a, yes, holiday over Christmas/New Year time isn't it? And that was the brills! :)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby vanrad » 17th Dec 09, 10:23

Is my memory correct on a tour called 'Santa in Shitsville' didn't they do 'Santa Claus is coming to town'???

Could be wrong but they definitely did a Xmas cover in their set.
vanrad

Postby DangerousBeans » 17th Dec 09, 17:55

I'm sure i have a dodgy sounding live version of White Christmas on a disc somewhere with Danny doing the vocals.

If i remember correctly i got it from Limewire nyears ago.
DangerousBeans

Postby benwalton » 17th Dec 09, 23:22

Pretty sure on last year's Xmess tour they kept bursting into this little "Fuck Christmas, Fuck You" refrain thing which was pretty funny.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby beerofthedark » 18th Dec 09, 10:09

benwalton wrote:Pretty sure on last year's Xmess tour they kept bursting into this little "Fuck Christmas, Fuck You" refrain thing which was pretty funny.

Yeah, but I'm not sure it would make a single...
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby beerofthedark » 18th Dec 09, 10:10

DangerousBeans wrote:I'm sure i have a dodgy sounding live version of White Christmas on a disc somewhere with Danny doing the vocals.

Astoria '96 iirc.
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby Ean » 19th Dec 09, 18:53

beerofthedark wrote:
DangerousBeans wrote:I'm sure i have a dodgy sounding live version of White Christmas on a disc somewhere with Danny doing the vocals.

Astoria '96 iirc.

Yep,

Danny did White Christmas
Ritch did Sugar Baby Love
Jef did No Matter What
and Ginger sang Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 19th Dec 09, 19:11

benwalton wrote:Pretty sure on last year's Xmess tour they kept bursting into this little "Fuck Christmas, Fuck You" refrain thing which was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKpuUoqNx2Q
Damian

Postby Mattie » 19th Dec 09, 20:01

WiredOut wrote:I mean if he can write World of Filth, an entire album about....well, whatever in the hell that was about, he can surely give us a classic self-written Christmas album.

a Howling Willie Cunt Christmas album would be a thing of immense beauty, or maybe immense bestiality.
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Pudu » 20th Dec 09, 12:05

Well there was not even a hint of a Christmas song last night!
Too many fucking bubbles man!

What's your liiiiiiffffeeeeee?
Pudu

Postby vickyp » 20th Dec 09, 18:40

Ean wrote:
Danny did White Christmas
Ritch did Sugar Baby Love
Jef did No Matter What
and Ginger sang Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Aw, I have a very old bootleg cassette of that somewhere that someone gave me, the sound quality was terrible but it was a joy to have. Don't know where it is now though, sadly.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Ilsa » 20th Dec 09, 20:26

Like Mr Pudu said, not a hint of one last night (Peppa Pig, and a touch of Snow Patrol, yes - Christmas tune, no).

Think I first said it as an offhand comment, but the more I think about it I'd love to see 'em to Fairytale of New York. Think they'd do a bloody good version. Who'd do the Kirsty bit though I dunno....
"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love"
Ilsa

Postby Jules » 21st Dec 09, 12:25

They could do a storming version of Run, Run Rudolf. I seem to remember hearing a Motorhead version of this at some point. Ahh, a bit of googling and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydBmfpFMNfM
Jules

Re: Wildhearts Xmas song

Postby floyd » 16th Jan 10, 02:53

Here is a very belated christmas pressie for you all :wtf:

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/1096057/floydxmas.rar

Been looking for this for ages, knew i should have looked down the back of our fridge sooner, such a obvious place to look! :dur: Anyway before i ramble on till next christmas, here is 'White Christmas(not the shitty recording)' for you all, for next year!

Also have a recording of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' but its not great sound
I wanna know why there's no white dog shit anymore
floyd

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat