Alternative Chutzpah?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Jimmy79 » 15th Dec 09, 23:46

WiredOut wrote:Is the thread title a deliberate play on Alternative Ulster? That's some sly wordplay if so, given the WH links to that song. :)

I'm going to pretend I'm just the clever so...

yeah..
completely intentional :wink:
Jimmy79

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 16th Dec 09, 00:11

WiredOut wrote:Is the thread title a deliberate play on Alternative Ulster?
I wondered that as well! :twisted:
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby thegweywabbit » 16th Dec 09, 09:48

on my cd, I basically just kept the order of the japanese edition and inserted the 4 trax missing from that release where they sounded the most natural. the only exception was putting vernix in between mazel tov cocktail and chutzpah. I'll still need to burn a new master copy when I eventually get the physical copy of jnr!

CHUTZPAH ULTIMATE EDITION:
chutzpah jnr
the jackson whites
plastic jebus
the only one
john of violence
you are proof that not all women are insane
tim smith
low energy vortex
you took the sunshine from new york
zeen requiem
all that zen
some days just fucking suck
people who died
under the waves
the snake, the lion, the monkey and the spider
mazel tov cocktail
vernix
chutzpah

as for the 10 track album... I think they got it just right!
the only change I might have made is to swap "Mazel Tov Cocktail" with "All That Zen".
that, and maybe made it an 11 track cd and added the snake, the lion, the monkey and the spider as well. which brings me to...
what are your fav Chutzpah Jnr trax in order?
mine would be...

1) all that zen
2) the snake, the lion, the monkey and the spider
3) vernix
4) zeen requiem
5) some days just fucking suck
6) under the waves
7) people who died
.... not counting chutzpah jnr as a proper song... more of intro to the cd.
Rooting 4 THE WILDHEARTS!!!
jd
thegweywabbit

Postby nuno75 » 16th Dec 09, 11:58

thegweywabbit wrote:what are your fav Chutzpah Jnr trax in order?

Not counting Jnr.:

1. Vernix
2. The Snake, The Lion, The Monkey and the Spider
3. People Who Died
4. Under The Waves
5. All That Zen
6. Some Days Just Fucking Suck
7. Zeen Requiem
nuno75

Postby Soundog » 16th Dec 09, 15:26

thegweywabbit wrote:what are your fav Chutzpah Jnr trax in order?

1. Vernix
2. All That Zen
3. Under The Waves
4. The Snake, The Lion, The Monkey and the Spider
5. Chutzpah Jnr.
6. Some Days Just Fucking Suck
7. People Who Died
8. Zeen Requiem

Vernix is more of a medley, wouldn't really call it a song, but what I love about it is that they have this great power ballad chorus and go and put it in a mess of a track that is guaranteed never to get any airplay. Oh, and I do like the New York part as well.
And great beats in Under The Waves, shame though that hardly any english natives will ever master the über. Let me tell you, Klaus Meine is way closer to perfect english than this "über alles" is to german. : )

Didn't get around to say this so far but a huge thank you to Ginger for giving the nod to sharing the files (I'll buy th EP anyway when I get round to it) and massive thanks to Nuno LXXV, King of the Web as well!
Soundog

Postby Nickinvincible » 16th Dec 09, 21:44

I reckon they got Chutzpah spot on, the only thing I'd do is remove Low Energy Vortex and put Vernix on in it's place. I think it's a better song, plus I reckon the "woah woah woah...shit" bit in Vernix would sort of fit in the vague middle of the album.

I'd have probably released The Only One with All That Zen & Under The Waves b-sides, then Jackson Whites with Zeen Requiem and Low Energy Vortex b-sides and Sunshine From New York with Some Days and People Who Died as b-sides, stick Chutzpah Jnr on a vinyl 7-inch, it's a good song but I don't think it should be on the album, if it's not though it doesn't really fit anywhere.

That's my opinion, but then I work in an office and not in a major rock band, so what do I know :)
Nickinvincible

Postby Soundog » 17th Dec 09, 08:35

Nickinvincible wrote:I reckon they got Chutzpah spot on, the only thing I'd do is remove Low Energy Vortex and put Vernix on in it's place. I think it's a better song [...]

No no no no no no no no. No. Just... no.

That's my favouritest song on the album and along with Jebus epitomizes (if indeed there is such a word) the new, fresh sound of the Wildhearts for me. So I was happy to spot Vortex in the setlist of one of the recent shows. Puzzled how you can't like it but then it goes to show how multi-faceted the WHs are I guess.

Remind me to tell you off for this suggestion next time we meet, unless of course I'm in a really good mood because I'm just about to attend a brlliant gig or something.
Last edited by Soundog on 17th Dec 09, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Soundog

Postby Nickinvincible » 17th Dec 09, 09:51

I'll definitely remind you to tell me off. It's so gonna happen. :oops:
Nickinvincible

Postby WiredOut » 17th Dec 09, 16:53

Nickinvincible wrote:I reckon they got Chutzpah spot on, the only thing I'd do is remove Low Energy Vortex and put Vernix on in it's place. I think it's a better song, plus I reckon the "woah woah woah...shit" bit in Vernix would sort of fit in the vague middle of the album.

I'd have probably released The Only One with All That Zen & Under The Waves b-sides, then Jackson Whites with Zeen Requiem and Low Energy Vortex b-sides and Sunshine From New York with Some Days and People Who Died as b-sides, stick Chutzpah Jnr on a vinyl 7-inch, it's a good song but I don't think it should be on the album, if it's not though it doesn't really fit anywhere.

That's my opinion, but then I work in an office and not in a major rock band, so what do I know :)

But then, none of the Wildhearts work in a major rock band either! GUFFAW! HA-HAR! ZING-DONG!

I'm just alluding to their cult status of course. If not also confirming my own cunt status. ;)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat